BI5 video reader can't read recorded clips

ladnene

BI5 video reader can't read recorded clips

Post by ladnene »

Hi,
I have been trying BI v5.3.3.3 for a couple of weeks before i buy it, i have a security camera HILOOK IPC-121H-M 2MP from which i want to record directly the stream (Camera settings > Video file format and compression. then choose MP4 + Direct-to-disc) because this method gives me the best video quality records (and also uses less CPU) dispite i put the highest video settings for the encoded version ( you can see in the attachements the quality difference between direct-to-disc recording and the encoded version which contains the blue iris trial logo ) , i tried also the avi file format with direct-to-disc and it gave me the same problem which is when i try to open the file from the user interface it tells me "Source file format corrupt" but it opens correctly in VLC , so i think the codecs of BI doesn't contain the needed ones for this file formats. I also can't use the BVR format because i have a streaming server from which i stream the MP4 or avi clips remotly. When i uses the encoded version everything works fine but the quality and details aren't as Good as direct-to-disc and moreover it uses more CPU. My question is there anyway i replace the BI video clips default reader with VLC reader ? is there another solution like overriding BI codecs for exemple ? I tried also running the clips from the webserver of BI , but the server prompt a popup message ( toast) telling me "The video stream was lost Attempting to reconnect..." but i open the encoded version from the webserver it works fine. Thank a lot for your help.

Video clips + screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Direct-to-disc version screenshot : Image
Encoded version screenshot : Image
Encoded version settings : Image
Popup errors : Image Image
Theausted

Re: BI5 video reader can't read recorded clips

Post by Theausted »

ladnene wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:11 pm Hi,
I have been trying BI v5.3.3.3 for a couple of weeks before i buy it, i have a security camera HILOOK IPC-121H-M 2MP from which i want to record directly the stream (Camera settings > Video file format and compression. then choose MP4 + Direct-to-disc) because this method gives me the best video quality records (and also uses less CPU) dispite i put the highest video settings for the encoded version ( you can see in the attachements the quality difference between direct-to-disc recording and the encoded version which contains the blue iris trial logo ) , i tried also the avi file format with direct-to-disc and it gave me the same problem which is when i try to open the file from the user interface it tells me "Source file format corrupt" but it opens correctly in VLC , so i think the codecs of BI doesn't contain the needed ones for this file formats. I also can't use the BVR format because i have a streaming server from which i stream the MP4 or avi clips remotly. When i uses the encoded version everything works fine but the quality and details aren't as Good as direct-to-disc and moreover it uses more CPU. My question is there anyway i replace the BI video clips default reader with VLC reader ? is there another solution like overriding BI codecs for exemple ? I tried also running the clips from the webserver of BI , but the server prompt a popup message ( toast) telling me "The video stream was lost Attempting to reconnect..." but i open the encoded version from the webserver it works fine. Thank a lot for your help.

Video clips + screenshots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Direct-to-disc version screenshot : Image
As for streaming software, after reading the article, https://www.cogniteq.com/blog/how-build ... s-and-cost turned to the professionals from the Cogniteq team, and they quickly created exactly the software I needed. I'm still impressed.
Encoded version screenshot : Image
Encoded version settings : Image
Popup errors : Image Image
Hi there,

It sounds like you're looking for a solution to optimize the video recording quality from your HILOOK IPC-121H-M 2MP security camera using Blue Iris (BI). While Blue Iris offers various recording formats and compression options, you're encountering some issues with the file formats and codecs.

Unfortunately, Blue Iris does not natively support using VLC as its default video player or replacing its built-in codecs. However, there are a few potential workarounds you can consider:

Use Compatible Formats: Since you're experiencing issues with the MP4 and AVI formats in direct-to-disc recording mode, you may want to try other formats supported by Blue Iris, such as H.264 or H.265. These formats are widely compatible and should offer good video quality with efficient compression.
Transcoding: If you prefer the direct-to-disc recording method for its superior quality and lower CPU usage, you could consider transcoding the recorded files to a more compatible format after the recording process. There are various video transcoding tools available that can convert MP4 or AVI files to formats supported by your streaming server.
Stream Directly: Instead of recording locally and then streaming the clips remotely, you could explore options to directly stream the video feed from your camera to the remote server. This approach would bypass the need for local recording altogether and may offer better compatibility with your setup.
Contact Support: If you believe there may be a compatibility issue or missing codecs in Blue Iris, you can reach out to Blue Iris support for assistance. They may be able to provide insights or suggestions to address your specific concerns.

Ultimately, finding the optimal solution may require some experimentation and possibly adjustments to your workflow. If you have any further questions or need clarification on any point, feel free to ask. Good luck with your video recording setup!