Pretrigger for JPEG Snapshots

Doodieb

Pretrigger for JPEG Snapshots

Post by Doodieb »

Hi,

I am using BI 5.0 and I am trying to do object recognition on the Camera but dislike the idea of sending my pictures to the cloud (sentry). I am using a locally installed SW to do the job. It can process JPG Pictures and give back the recognized objects. I works very well so far.

I’d like to save the Snapshots 5s before the trigger event.Therefore I set the Pre-Trigger Video Buffer to 5s. The Pre-Trigger works very well for the video, but not for the JPEG Snapshot. Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of BI?

Thank you!
MikeBwca

Re: Pretrigger for JPEG Snapshots

Post by MikeBwca »

I would suggest increasing 'Min. Duration' so the motion needs to last longer to trigger. You can also increase the 'Object travels pixels'.

Another method would be to use 'Cross Zone' triggering. With this you can have a leed area next to the 'cross zone' to satisfy the motion. Then when the object crosses the zones, it will trigger, and you will get your snapshot in the area you want it.
You can do this by setting non-connect zones as the cross-zones. Then having another zone (I use G) to cover them, and, include a leed area to satisfy motion. I do this in a few cloned cameras for special alerting. Works well for me, and, decreases false triggering/alerting.

(BI Experts: Does this make sense? Please comment and/or correct)
Last edited by MikeBwca on Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of BI?
Hi Doodieb,

The only limitations of BI are those ideas that you haven't mentioned to Ken yet :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Doodieb

Post by Doodieb »

TimG wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:51 am
Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of BI?
Hi Doodieb,

The only limitations of BI are those ideas that you haven't mentioned to Ken yet :lol:
That's good to know. I have sent a support request to BI support. I am looking forward to hearing back from support soon.