Recommendations for an email provider

General discussion about Blue Iris
NgcJim

Recommendations for an email provider

Post by NgcJim »

I currently have Blue Iris using FastMail to send my email alerts. FastMail is fine except it limits the # of emails and attachment sizes which i exceed about once a week. When I exceed the limit, I'm in the FastMail doghouse for about 1 day. I have 22 cameras covering several acres. Anyone have an email provider they love and would recommend? (I could never get gmail to work. )

thanks
Jim
HeneryH

Re: Recommendations for an email provider

Post by HeneryH »

I use mailgun and host lots of domains on my single account.

The cost for me is very low but I have lots of different hobby projects and charity projects I use so I really don't know at the moment what it costs to me :o

I use the Flex plan which might be hard to find when setting things up because it is the cheapest pay as you go plan. They are kind of hiding the flex plan option https://www.mailgun.com/pricing/

Free plan (no credit card required):
5,000 messages/month are included
There is a limit of 300 messages per day on the included sandbox domain
Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 1 day
You cannot create custom domains
You can only send to Authorized Recipients, and there is a maximum of 5 Authorized Recipients

Flex Plan (credit card required):
No daily sending limit
You receive 1,000 free messages per month. If you send over this amount, additional messages are charged at a rate of $1.00/1,000 messages
Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 5 days
You can create custom domains
You can add up to 5 routes
Use of Authorized Recipients is not required to send with custom domains; you may send to whomever you like!
NgcJim

Post by NgcJim »

thanks for the recommendation. MailGun appears to be more than I can handle. I'm not a developer.
asnopy

Post by asnopy »

HeneryH wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:24 pm I use mailgun and host lots of domains on my single account.

The cost for me is very low but I have lots of different hobby projects and charity projects I use so I really don't know at the moment what it costs to me :o

I use the Flex plan which might be hard to find when setting things up because it is the cheapest pay as you go plan. They are kind of hiding the flex plan option https://www.mailgun.com/pricing/

Free plan (no credit card required):
5,000 messages/month are included
There is a limit of 300 messages per day on the included sandbox domain
Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 1 day
You cannot create custom domains
You can only send to Authorized Recipients, and there is a maximum of 5 Authorized Recipients

Flex Plan (credit card required):
No daily sending limit
You receive 1,000 free messages per month. If you send over this amount, additional messages are charged at a rate of $1.00/1,000 messages
Data retention for Logs and the Events API is 5 days
You can create custom domains
You can add up to 5 routes
Use of Authorized Recipients is not required to send with custom domains; you may send to whomever you like!
Hello,
Besides MailGun, are there any other types?