Memory Leak

MikeBwca

Re: Memory Leak

Post by MikeBwca »

ic. Sorry. Didn't mean to imply you didn't know.

There have been so many changes since 5.8.1+ that I reverted to 5.8.0.14. Maybe try that.
Just make sure you keep the updates, sothat you can easily go back.
holmesm

Post by holmesm »

MikeBwca wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:21 pm ic. Sorry. Didn't mean to imply you didn't know.

There have been so many changes since 5.8.1+ that I reverted to 5.8.0.14. Maybe try that.
Just make sure you keep the updates, sothat you can easily go back.
I'm at my wits end - I really do appreciate suggestions. I have tried every combination of settings. I even formatted the hard drive. My BI setup has been working pretty good for about two years.
I keep a download every time I update. I would rather find what is causing the memory leak, but I'm out of ideas - so I am again back to v 5.8.7.11 because it's the last version that works well for me..
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

What cpu and vid card do you have? Back when I first started I had issues related to the version of the Intel video drivers so might be worth checking an updating/dowongrading.
holmesm

Post by holmesm »

IAmATeaf wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:22 am What cpu and vid card do you have? Back when I first started I had issues related to the version of the Intel video drivers so might be worth checking an updating/dowongrading.
I am running Windows 11 on a SuperMicro X12SPL board w/Xeon Platinum 32 core 2.2ghz and Nvidia T600. I'm running 19 cameras mostly poe Annke with a few indoor wireless cams. My system has been up now for about 18 hours and cpu is at 4% gpu at 5% and ram 8.03gb. My Nvidia drivers are the latest and system is up to date other than BI. I currently have hardware decode off with all cameras set to default. I do have substreams on all cameras and have checked the frame and key rates match - except for a couple of the indoor wireless one that cannot be adjusted. I disabled those cameras first in the newer version to see if that was causing the leak - no joy.

Except for adding a camera or switching out a new one here and there, it has been this setup and running happily for about 3 years.