2 way sound not working

timmmmah

2 way sound not working

Post by timmmmah »

IP2M-841E unable to get sound out of the speaker of the camera. Trying from BI android app ver. 2.0.68 and BLUE IRIS version: 5.0.5.2 x64.

I can get sounds from the camera but not the speaker in the camera. RTSP: 554 Discovery: 80 Make: Amcrest Model: ProHD RTSP/HTTP (also tried: ProHD/IP2/IP3*)

PTZ setting : Amcrest/Dahua

If I use the AMCREST app it works just fine for having sound go to the speaker. Any suggestions would be a great help.
firebyrd1971

Re: 2 way sound not working

Post by firebyrd1971 »

I have been having the same issues with all my Amcrest cameras since BI5 came out, I submitted a ticket on Oct. 14th 2019 but still no response. So much for purchasing BI5 and upgrading my support , no response is not acceptable. I used BI4 for years without any issue then BI5 comes out and everything goes haywire. Really considering going to something else for my surveillance needs. Not happy at all lately with no support anymore.
TimG

Post by TimG »

timmmmah !

Please send a message to support to see if they know about the issue. Use the button from the general settings in BI5 to ensure you have your licence info included. I have always had a response from support when I have sent a message that way, and I send quite a few !
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
timmmmah

Post by timmmmah »

I filed ticket too. I was hoping someone already had a fix for the issue that is the point of the forums
TimG

Post by TimG »

that is the point of the forums
Indeed it is :roll:
Forum Moderator.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

timmmmah wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:44 pm IP2M-841E unable to get sound out of the speaker of the camera. Trying from BI android app ver. 2.0.68 and BLUE IRIS version: 5.0.5.2 x64.

I can get sounds from the camera but not the speaker in the camera. RTSP: 554 Discovery: 80 Make: Amcrest Model: ProHD RTSP/HTTP (also tried: ProHD/IP2/IP3*)

PTZ setting : Amcrest/Dahua

If I use the AMCREST app it works just fine for having sound go to the speaker. Any suggestions would be a great help.
Do you have the settings enabled properly in the BI Settings & the BI Camera settings? Sorry for asking. Just making sure.
timmmmah

Post by timmmmah »

Yes . I have tried tons of settings even when I know the ones I have are correct none work. If you have the same camera and have it working on the latest please let me know what your settings are.
mcmattingly

Post by mcmattingly »

timmmmah wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:40 pm Yes . I have tried tons of settings even when I know the ones I have are correct none work. If you have the same camera and have it working on the latest please let me know what your settings are.
Has anyone gotten an answer or fix for this? Last year, 2019 I bought BI solely for its claimed 2-Way Audio support. I have gone through 3 commercial DVR's that were supposed to do this and not one of them have worked. After buying BI5 in 2019 I discovered this thread and held off installing until November of 2020 because of reports that BI5 was having issues with this function. My one year of support has run out before I even used the software and I will not bother to renew the support if they have no intention to fix this issue. After three paper weight commercial DVR''s, I am fed up pouring money down a rat hole and so far BI5 appears as just one more dead end rat hole!!! It's interesting to me that 2-Way Audio works on the cameras I have if I use either the internal camera web server or the, "free" NVR software that came with the Chinese camera. Unfortunately, that software lacks too many other features and has security and stability issues. I don't understand why this one feature seems to be so difficult or impossible for the entire industry to do with any degree of consistency.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi mcmattingly,

Have you sent an email to support on this matter ? They will often log in directly to your computer to find out what the problem is, but there are so many different cameras that there is no generic "fix"- let them know all details of the camera and pc system.
Forum Moderator.
timmmmah

Post by timmmmah »

So 2 way talk does work. I got it working with the iphone app and https/ssl setup directions. However for the android app it doesn't work unless you use a vpn as the ssl drops the speaker packets to camera unless you use a vpn and http. I filed a ticket with support and they were unable to come up with a solution. So if I want to speak I have been logging in thru VPN. Other then that everything is working.