domino trigger events

n4mwd

domino trigger events

Post by n4mwd »

I have several cameras, all with internal motion detection. The camera algorithms tend to be trigger happy and not very sophisticated so they can't be used for direct triggering in BI. However, in order to save CPU cycles, I would like to use the camera motion detector to tell BI to use its own motion detection algorithm to verify the camera's and then start recording based on that.

That is, if the camera sees no motion, BI makes no attempt at motion detection and no recording is triggered. If the camera tells BI that there is motion via ONVIF, then BI will examine the frames to determine if a trigger is warranted based on BI rules.

In the trigger dialog, there are two sources, basic motion detect and ONVIF. I haven't been able to find anything that requires a camera to trigger before BI bothers checking it. I know that AI can double check BI motion events.

The goal here is to save CPU cycles so always running both ONVIF and BI motion detection and then combining the results would not accomplish anything since Blue Iris has a better algorithm and if it has to run, there is no need to consult with the camera's motion detection.

Is there a way to do this?