Socket Error 10054 (error 80002746) comes & goes

BossHogg

Socket Error 10054 (error 80002746) comes & goes

Post by BossHogg »

Strange one this... New Camera added to my system... Genbolt GB201... which has two cameras in one... One is fixed (so can be pointed say up an alley) and other is Pan & Tilt so can point the other way. HD res... and works fine over PoE to the companion App.

Hooks up to BI (v5.8.3.0) fine using single IP address and basic RTSP settings (554 / 8080) with /11 for Fixed camera and /12 for PT camera source.

Problem is that the 2nd camera seems comes & goes on BI... keeps throwing Socket Error... then randomly comes back on. If I use the PTZ controls on the phone app, it also reconnects. Pictures from both cameras working fine on phone app.

I'm guessing that it does not like the multiple separate logins for two streams ???

While BI is showing socket error if I try VLC connection rtsp://{user}:{pwd}@{IPAddr}:554/11 (fixed camera) works, but /12 context fails for that as well so wondering how the heck the App manages to connect/stream. If I leave VLC streaming (once it connects) it does not go off at same time BI does... Very odd.
judydurham

Re: Socket Error 10054 (error 80002746) comes & goes

Post by judydurham »

Hello, I think you should try using alternative RTSP ports (e.g., 8080) for the camera streams in Blue Iris. uno online Some cameras may have limitations or conflicts with certain ports, so testing different ports can help identify and resolve any port-related issues.