Android Push Notification Issue

merkaba

Android Push Notification Issue

Post by merkaba »

Hey, I am brand new to Blue Iris 5 and so far so good...except these push notifications. I can't seem to get any consistency from them. When i do get them, they are extremely delayed, and I've never gotten the thumbnails working. Hopefully I'm missing something simple. I've tried the stuff below. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
  • I have opened ports 2195, 443, and the port i use for the webserver
  • Made a firewall rule for all LAN traffic using webserver port to go to BI based on this post
  • Tried unchecking and checking both "Send Rich 3D notifications" and "10 image GIF
  • Matched up both my LAN and WAN webserver ports to use the same port
This is what my notifications do look like when i happen to get them:
MikeBwca

Re: Android Push Notification Issue

Post by MikeBwca »

Push notifications should be instant, with no noticeable delay.

Lets backup and start from the beginning...

1. You've added your mobile device to BI's options 'Mobile Devices'?

Per Camera...
2. Properties/Alerts/Actions/Send Push....
Click 'Test'. You should hear the selected sound on your mobile phone. It should be instant - Wifi, or, LTE.

How many cameras do you have Push notification enabled? And, How many work and are instant?
Gibby

Post by Gibby »

If you are having a delay issue, make sure you turn off battery optimization for the Blue Iris android app.

I have not been able to get thumbnails to work either.
Goatyflex

Post by Goatyflex »

Hi,

I have the same issue. I don't have a delay but I no longer have any thumbnails, since upgrading to BI5. This used to be fine on BI4.

Does anyone have thumbnails working on Android?

Thanks
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I've never had thumbnails on Android push notifications.

Went into my Norton firewall to check on what's being blocked. Gave up trying to figure it out.
Gibby

Post by Gibby »

Nope no thumbnails on Android yet. Also had to change setting int he App to got to the alerts page first, else when clicking the alert it would take me to the default all cameras page first.
JimBoCA

Post by JimBoCA »

I have gotten thumbnail's on some notifications, but not all. I'll try to pay closer attention and see if i can tell why that is happening.
Goatyflex

Post by Goatyflex »

Goatyflex wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 pm Hi,

I have the same issue. I don't have a delay but I no longer have any thumbnails, since upgrading to BI5. This used to be fine on BI4.

Thanks
Ok, so I figured out that my stunnel was not working. I turned off stunnel/Https and now I get thumbnails for alerts. Hope this helps people..
Gibby

Post by Gibby »

Not using stunnel but I have NGINX sitting in front of BlueIris with let's encrypt.
Gibby

Post by Gibby »

Goatyflex wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:29 pm
Goatyflex wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 pm Hi,

Thanks
Ok, so I figured out that my stunnel was not working. I turned off stunnel/Https and now I get thumbnails for alerts. Hope this helps people..
This got me thinking after I setup Android Push notifications for another project.

I ended up checking the box for stunnel being installed, even though it is not, and changed the external IP to the name in the cert. Now it is working.