Recycle clips.

gccsmbuteyn

Recycle clips.

Post by gccsmbuteyn »

Thanks in advance for any hints. I'm enjoying BI.

I accidentally recycled a clip instead of deleting it, so I went hunting for it so I could make sure it was deleted. I was expecting to see it in the Windows Recycling bin and it doesn't show there.
BI is running on Windows 10. The clips are stored on a separate drive from the system drive. When using BI, I sign in to windows with a standard user account and launch the BI5 which requires administrator privileges.
I put in my admin credentials to get to the interface. Signing in to the admin account that matches my credentials doesn't show the clip the system recycling bin there either.
Is there a blue iris specific recycling bin? I couldn't find anything about that in the documentation.

Thanks again.
broachoski

Re: Recycle clips.

Post by broachoski »

This is all that I found from the built in BI help file

"If you are running as a service, you should be
running with a named user account, not Local Service if you are considering use of the Recycle
bin."

Otherwise I would assume the file would be lost in never never land.
IAmATeaf

Re: Recycle clips.

Post by IAmATeaf »

Another thing to consider is the size of your recycle bin and the size of the clip you are deleting.

I actually have the recycle bin disabled in the drives that clips are saved to as I’d rather use that space for clips.