Lost Alerts/Clips Side Bar View

UltraFusion

Lost Alerts/Clips Side Bar View

Post by UltraFusion »

Hi – brand new Blue Iris user here and am impressed with the software (especially the sophistication of motion detection) although it does require a learning curve.

Somehow in my early hours of getting to know the different features and functions I created a problem on how BI displays...

When I first started using the app (and FYI I’m only using one camera) I could see the camera view and the alerts/clips (along the side) in the app window. Now I’ve lost being able to see the side bar alerts/ clips (ie. can only see the camera view). I’ve tried everything (but obviously not the right thing) to get them back.

Can someone please help me restore the side bar view ...
TimG

Re: Lost Alerts/Clips Side Bar View

Post by TimG »

Hiya, assuming you are using BI5, have a look at the top left menu's - do you have a "show/hide clips" button next to the main menu button ? Looks like a film strip with a triangle in it. Does that sort it ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Any luck :?:
Forum Moderator.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Please let us know if that was it, as it means we can help others :idea:

Nothing to be embarrassed about if it was a simple one. We all make mistakes, but together we can fix them :D
Forum Moderator.
nbobz

Post by nbobz »

Maybe this happened as a result of update 5.0.5.9 as mine no longer appear. They do show if I select the 'All' but if I select my individual cams then it states 'empty list'. Will see what happens with the next update.
StephenJ

Post by StephenJ »

I know this is a really old thread, but I just came across it because I had the same thing happen and was searching. No matter what I searched this thread kept coming up so I thought I'd reply in case anyone else ever encounters this and finds themselves in my situation. The solution for me was to click the "More items" button when on the clips view.
More Items.png
More Items.png (13.12 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

Hope this helps someone in the future.
mrbill

Post by mrbill »

StephenJ wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:41 pm I know this is a really old thread, but I just came across it because I had the same thing happen and was searching. No matter what I searched this thread kept coming up so I thought I'd reply in case anyone else ever encounters this and finds themselves in my situation. The solution for me was to click the "More items" button when on the clips view. More Items.png.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
Fixed my problem, thanks! (Also had to click the "Show/Hide Clips" icon)