New motion algorithm: Edge Vector

MikeBwca

New motion algorithm: Edge Vector

Post by MikeBwca »

Anyone using the new 'Edge Vector'?
Any comments?

I tested 2 cameras using 'Simple' by cloning them, then changing the clones to 'Edge Vector". I did this to see what the effects would be.
Found that Edge Vector started missing a few of the closer motion. So, some tweaking wold need to be done. Didn;t want to bother. Deleted the clones, and will deal with it when Simple goes away.
TimG

Re: New motion algorithm: Edge Vector

Post by TimG »

Got myself in a right pickle playing around with zones, then saw this new "edge vector" trigger and thought I'd give it a whirl. It didn't perform very well. I have started using the camera export function to allow me to clone cameras for trigger settings checks, and the best for reliable triggering so far is Gaussian, with zones coming a close second but only at certain times of the day.

I think I need to revisit those Youtube videos ! My incessant fiddling had left me with **everything** adjusted, including the "hotspot zone". Whoops. All gone now, and much less false triggering.

I guess my biggest question is, are these triggers OR or AND ?

For example:

1. Are the "Basic" triggers on their own, or do they AND with other triggers ?
2. Is "Object detection - object travels pixels" a trigger on its own if I have Zones, or are they separate triggers ?
2. Is HotSpot Zone A part of another trigger, or can I use it as one of my sub zones.

There is a lot going on with BI5. The more I fiddle with the settings, the more muddled it gets :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
klikerko

Post by klikerko »

I actually got a good result from using edge vector. Long story short, I have pointed my camera to the small crack on the wall where wasps were coming in and out to feed the nest their queen conveniently decided to build inside my house wall. I didn't have time and proper solution to deal with removing the nest, so I placed the shop vac hose opening close to the entrance and set up the camera to send the alert to my smart home, which will then turn the vacuum for few seconds and suck in the wasp that was trying to come home.

For some reason, the edge vector was the only one able to trigger the alert. All others would recognize the motion, but would not trigger although settings were set at lowest.
TimG

Post by TimG »

A brilliant use of technology :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.