Reolink RLC 823-A and blue iris config issues

MJBoater

Reolink RLC 823-A and blue iris config issues

Post by MJBoater »

Having a lot of problems here.

Purchased a RLC 823-A last week. Updated the firmware today and now its not interfacing with Blue Iris properly.
Using the Reolink App, everything seems ok.
Any configuration advice to configure with Blue Iris?

An image comes up in Blue iris, but it freezes often for up to 30 seconds at a time. When I am using the PC interface and the Andorid interface to look at this same cameras, seems to make it worse.

I tried using:
Make: Reolink
H.265 RTSP
Recieve Buffer 40 mb
Seems to work the best but getting huge lag times of 15-20 seconds

Also tried using ONVIF. That was worse with delays or no picture at all.

Reolink:
Build 22011511
Hardware IPC_523128M8MP
Config ver: v3.1.0.0
Firmware: v3.1.0.804_22011511v1.0.0.30 (this is the new firmware I installed off Reolinks firmware page, not the original version that came with the camera)

Blue Iris version 5.5.5.5 x64
Using Find/Inspect, ONIF to find the camera and it identifies it as IPC-BO, Generic/ONVIF/RTSP H.264/265/MJPG/MPEG4
RTSP Port: 544
ONVIF 8000
YrbkMgr

Re: Reolink RLC 823-A and blue iris config issues

Post by YrbkMgr »

Based on that description, the first thing I would check is the camera. Log into the camera through a browser and make sure it's not using any custom encoding or the like.
Camera encoding

BI only works with the H.264 and H.265 standards. Camera manufacturers have tweaked their encoding to optimize bandwidth for their apps. H.264+, H.265+ (note the + sign) Smart Codec etc are all proprietary encodings that can only be used by the vendor apps. When customers report the cameras work on their app but not in BI, the encoding is often times the reason. The No Signal Error is almost always due to the fact that the cameras are using a proprietary encoding.

Also best to start with H.264 encoding before moving to H.265. Also, choose H.264 Main/Baseline instead of High if given the choice. Provide BI the easiest connection available first and increase the complexity if and when needed.
There's also some info on Reolink Gotchas that may be worthwhile.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MJBoater

Post by MJBoater »

Looks like normal encoding to me. I am getting a signal, its just Im losing frames. I need someone who has installed this into BI5 and what the settings are I think. Reolink Gotchas is something I went thru before. It doesnt mention the 823-A specifically.
kogashuko

Post by kogashuko »

I am running into this with some of my h.265 cameras. I do not think it is reolink specific because I have an Amcrest that did it and I got it to stop. Then it randomly started again. I am wondering if it is the lack of a GPU in the system that supports H.265.