Auto Renewal

General discussion about Blue Iris
smackbottom

Auto Renewal

Post by smackbottom »

Hi all,
Recently got notice that I was auto renewed by what ever billing company the author uses.
Don’t remember signing up for this but possibly did without realizing it.
The issue is I don’t want to continue with auto renewal.
I don’t see anything on website to turn auto renewal off. Do I send him an email through the app itself?

Thanks for any help.
Matts1984

Re: Auto Renewal

Post by Matts1984 »

Licensing is done through this site:

https://account.mycommerce.com/?returnU ... nt%2FIndex

Assuming you can log in, or once you get in again, you should be able to 'Manage Subscription'. It's not the easiest to find... but the option is there to cancel.

Basically when you renewed last, there was an (easy to miss) option to renew for one year, or configure auto-renew annually for a slight discount.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Mad props to Matts. I had no idea and would have gone non-linear with a surprise like that. How did you know?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:46 am Mad props to Matts. I had no idea and would have gone non-linear with a surprise like that. How did you know?
Only because I had the same question myself when the support model changed. I made sure to bookmark it because I went with the auto-renew option on purpose (if I'm going to renew, might as well save a couple $$) but if someday I wanted/needed to stop using... not paying indefinitely for something I'm not using. I guess my CC would change eventually ;)
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras