BI5 cutting clips every 1 min

teredactle

BI5 cutting clips every 1 min

Post by teredactle »

I have a camera where BI is cutting clips every 1 minute, even though there is constant motion, which I have it set to detect. I can confirm by watching both the squares and the highlighting, yet BI writes multiple 1 min files.

This happens both in BVR and MP4, unless I set it to combine clips, it keeps doing this.

This wasn't the case when I ran an older version of BI, but recently I switched to a new system and upgraded to the latest version (mostly to get the wyze cam 3s to work - old version would just go into a crash loop). Since, I have noticed BI doing this 1 min clip cutting pretty much on all cameras.

Not sure what I can check here to get this to behave normally. I have break time set to 10sec and the video buffer to 10sec.

Any ideas what I could check.

thank you
YrbkMgr

Re: BI5 cutting clips every 1 min

Post by YrbkMgr »

The combine or cut feature is what generally controls the length of a BVR. When disabled, the recording is limited to break time plus pre-trigger buffer (approx). What you are describing is expected behavior when cut/combine is disabled. Are the clips cut at exactly 1 minute? In the clips list, is it filtered on All clips or Alerts?

More importantly, what length of clips are you expecting?
Post a screenshot of your record tab and trigger -> motion sensor config dialogs. Then we can see what's what.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.