VPN

General discussion about Blue Iris
muzicman0

Re: VPN

Post by muzicman0 »

YrbkMgr wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:40 am We'll see - he made one post and disappeared so it's like the blind men feeling an elephant.
Yeah, I think it is because the forum doesn't email people when they have a reply, so unless you come back and check manually you have no idea that a reply has been posted.

Is there a forum moderator that can shed light on why emails aren't working? (not to derail this thread)
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

muzicman0 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:44 pm Yeah, I think it is because the forum doesn't email people when they have a reply, so unless you come back and check manually you have no idea that a reply has been posted.

Is there a forum moderator that can shed light on why emails aren't working? (not to derail this thread)
In a word? No. There are three people with Admin level access, but no one is managing the board. To date, several people with more time than money have volunteered to help - but to no avail. Right now, it's all missionary work by good souls. In fact, I'm considering forcing the issue by writing support and make it clear that no one gets email notifications... followed by a polite, professional, and positive comment about getting their sh*t together.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
muzicman0

Post by muzicman0 »

As a new user, I would support that!

As someone who runs a support department for a software company, I would love having a forum where users could help each other as a first stop (due to the secure nature of our software, that is not possible). But it somewhat becomes...well, maybe not worthless, but close...when it is not working as it should. Having a forum where members help members can only help them. Seems like it would only be in their interest to fix this.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

muzicman0 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:57 pm As a new user, I would support that!

As someone who runs a support department for a software company, I would love having a forum where users could help each other as a first stop (due to the secure nature of our software, that is not possible). But it somewhat becomes...well, maybe not worthless, but close...when it is not working as it should. Having a forum where members help members can only help them. Seems like it would only be in their interest to fix this.
Well, to be honest... that's the entire point of having a support forum in the first place. I know we agree. I'm of the mind that form follows function - it's a Frank Lloyd Wright thing. To wit, what do you want it to do, then make it so.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.