Trouble Adding Vivotek Cams to BI

bbdell123

Trouble Adding Vivotek Cams to BI

Post by bbdell123 »

Hello all. Have been using BI for couple years now. I have a site that has all Vivotek cams that I want to migrate into a BI installation. The cameras support RTSP and ONVIF onvif connectivity being my preference. That said I struggle to get any of the cameras connected. I've tried RTSP as an alternative and have failed there too. In the past I've used some Ubiquiti cameras and remember that when using RTSP channels had to be specified in the address. Not sure if the same thing applies to Vivotek. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
YrbkMgr

Re: Trouble Adding Vivotek Cams to BI

Post by YrbkMgr »

I have P2P disabled on all of my cameras so Find/Inspect in BI will not see them. I enter the static IP address of the camera, user name and pw, then Find/Inspect. The camera will be queried and will automatically populate the fields with the camera's ONVIF settings and automatically select the generic make and model that is ONVIF compliant.
2022-01-07_210627.JPG
2022-01-07_210627.JPG (211.75 KiB) Viewed 1149 times
If you're already adding the cameras that way and have trouble, post some screenshots.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.