Solar IP cam recommendations

Snowman

Solar IP cam recommendations

Post by Snowman »

Hello All, I'm a very new user, just purchased BI last week and now getting my feet wet.

I'm looking for recommendations for a good, fairly priced exterior camera that is IP based and has a solar panel to recharge the battery. I had thought that the Reolink Argus 2+ Solar was a good option, but a reviewer on Amazon reported that it does not work with BI.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
debbiedehart

Re: Solar IP cam recommendations

Post by debbiedehart »

I am also interested in a good solar option.
Thanks,
Debbie
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

I have no experience with this camera, but have looked at it for possible uses.

The Reolink Wire-Free Argus2 is a rechargeable battery outdoor wireless HD camera. It has an option for a solar panel to make it 100% isolated with no need to visit it (to swap batteries). To me it looks like a good choice for mounting under roof eaves, trees, back of the yard... or other locations that power is not available.

It's around $75. The solar panel (which is suppose to keep the battery charged) is only $25! An extra battery is around $40 - not needed if you have the solar panel.
Snowman

Post by Snowman »

Hi Mike, I too thought that would be a good choice, but someone on Amazon told me that camera will not work with Blue Iris?

LMK if you find out anything.

Thanks!
darant1979

Post by darant1979 »

Stay clear of the Swann INTCAM wi-fi cameras, they are appalling...
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Snowman wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:02 pm Hi Mike, I too thought that would be a good choice, but someone on Amazon told me that camera will not work with Blue Iris?

LMK if you find out anything.

Thanks!
It IS possible to add these cameras to BI. They don't recommend it because it shortens the battery being the cameras in sending all the time. Having the solar panel option may eliminate down time depending on how much sunlight it gets. There is also the option of adding another power source, like a large power bank, or ups.

See this link from Relonk on adding these cameras to BI... https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -Blue-Iris
jkhall

Post by jkhall »

Argus PT solar camera's "DO NOT" work with BI. They specifically say the battery (solar) cameras do not work. :( Unfortunately I did not see that in the documentation until after it had arrived and I could not get it to work. No ONVIF support for this specific type of Reolink Cams.

Has anyone else found solar cam's that work with BI?