HDD Setup for BI

Jacek

HDD Setup for BI

Post by Jacek »

Hello

I am looking for help on how to setup recording to multiple hard drives in one system. I have 3 purple WD drives and 8 cameras, I want to divide the recording among the 3 drives. Can't seem to find where to do that. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
TimG

Re: HDD Setup for BI

Post by TimG »

Hi Jacek,

Have you had a look at the help files in BI5 ? Click the ? at the top left of the BI5 screen, and search for "clip folders". Does that help ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

WD Purple drives are designed for surveillance systems, to write up to 64 continuous streams. I have 11 cameras all streaming to a 4tb Seagte Skyhawk with no issues. My previous drive was a 2 tb WD purple - again with no issues.

If you want to split up your cameras to multiple drives....

1. Go to BI settings 'Clips and Archiving' tab. All BI recordings go to the 'New' folder by default.
2. Set the 'Aux#' folders to the paths on the other drives to where you want recordings. You can rename folders as 'NewD', 'NewE', 'NewF' - the letters being the drive letters you use for the hard drives your recording BI too, so everything is logical.
3. Go into each cameras Record tab, and set the Video folder to one of the 'NewD, NewE, Newf' locations. 3 cameras on NewD, 3 on NewE, and 2 on NewF.

For example, I have a weather camera. I changed the name of 'Aux1' to 'Weather' so the name is more logical, and, changed the folder to 'Weather'.
Jacek

Post by Jacek »

Thank you for the replies. I should be able to give it a try next weekend. I knew that there was a way to do it.