Clips and archiving settings

kennyktran

Clips and archiving settings

Post by kennyktran »

What is the correct settings for clips and archiving?
I have these settings and thought it would archive everything for 30 days but no, it only keeps about 12 hour or so of stuff.
If I look in these folders today on 9/29, all I see are files with 929 datestamp and nothing else.

Thanks,

K
Attachments
blueiris1.png
blueiris1.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
blueiris2.png
blueiris2.png (17.52 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
blueiris1.png
blueiris1.png (18.09 KiB) Viewed 2662 times
jhankins

Re: Clips and archiving settings

Post by jhankins »

In your example, it'll move clips from New to Stored when the clip is older than 7 days, or when the space occupied by all clips in New is 10GB. So my guess is your clips in New are exceeding 10GB before they are getting to the 7 day mark. The current documentation says (page 108):

"Each folder is given a size (in gigabytes) and an age (in days and hours). Once a folder
reaches either occupancy limit, always the oldest clips in that folder are moved or deleted in
sequence until order is restored."
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Yep thats exactly whats going on. You should be able to guesstimate about how much space 7 days worth will consume (I'd guess based on what you said, about 140GB) and adjust accordingly. Depending on your arrangement you might be better off determining how much space you can allocate (200GB, 500GB, 70GB ???) and then figure out how many days that would roughly equal.

The space and time limits both being applied is useful protection from completely filling your drive and crippling your system.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
kennyktran

Post by kennyktran »

Thanks guy, the limit size got it.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

kennyktran wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm Thanks guy, the limit size got it.
Cool! Though I have to say I thought I looked but apparently missed exactly what IAmATeaf said. I thought your 'Stored' was moving to a new device/drive but they are both on D:. There really is no benefit at all with doing this move and it technically results in a bit more processing/drive churn (albeit minimal). I originally had something very similar set up like this until I realized it. I now have all my space allocated to 'New' and when that reaches capacity... delete. No need to shift it around. Those capabilities are really there if you need to shuffle older clips to slower, high capacity storage.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras