Data Usage

YabbySensors

Data Usage

Post by YabbySensors »

Hi All,

We have a fairly uniquely application. We are building solar satellite cameras for remote farms in Australia. We have a solar system with a IP camera and a mini computer running BI. We are limited to 5MB/month of satellite data. Through BI we are providing emailed low resolution daily snapshot (around 120KB). The system comes on once a day for 10 minutes via an external timer, takes a photos and is then switched off via the timer.

The issue that we have not been able to resolve is the BI background data use even for such a short period of time. It appears that Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) is the main culprit for data use but unsure how to resolve. However we are also trying to get the data as lean as possible so any other suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance
Steve
Yabby Sensors
Matts1984

Re: Data Usage

Post by Matts1984 »

Interesting use case. Out of curiosity, have you opened a ticket with support on this? It seems like something up Ken's alley and honestly he would be the best to answer for a super lean installation. If you're only trying to fetch one or two images from each camera - on demand - once a day then it might be in how you're configuring the cameras within BI. I'm using continuous 24x77 streaming which is obviously the opposite of what you want.

I'll definitely follow as I'm interested, but sorry, do not have the answer.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
YabbySensors

Re: Data Usage

Post by YabbySensors »

Thanks for the response. I agree, might be easiest to open a ticket