DeepStack showing black image in BI Status

MattiasF

DeepStack showing black image in BI Status

Post by MattiasF »

This was working yesterday but I was trying to tweak it and broke something.

* BI5 on latest version 5.4.9.18
* DS installed and working (webpage status shows, correctly identifies person)
* DS Status working when doing Test and Tune, rapidly identifying objects when playing recorded clips (Screenshot #1)
* DS Status WORKED, showing both cancelled Alerts and Confirmed Alerts when double clicking in Alerts list (now broken, Screenshot #2))

As seen in screen shot #2, the DS Status page now just shows a black image with a tiny green rect at top left. No objects are detected so the black image is probably what's being processed. The .dat files seem really tiny at ~150k so I'm guessing the 4K images are not encoded into the dat files for processing, unless they are references to the jpg files?

Any ideas how to get DS working again?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-08-30 12-50-03b.jpg
Screenshot from 2021-08-30 12-50-03b.jpg (120.44 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
Screenshot from 2021-08-30 12-24-33.png
Screenshot from 2021-08-30 12-24-33.png (78.92 KiB) Viewed 3841 times
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I don't find that a dat file size of around 150K to be small enough to draw the conclusion that it's a problem. My dat files range from 34 KB to ~ 500 KB. FWIW. But I have "cut/combine" disabled in the recording tab so that each motion trigger is its own BVR and therefore dat.

In the two screen shots, the first one shows the BVR analysis in the image while the second one (black) shows the dat. To compare apples to apples, if you turn off Test and Tune and just review dat files, do you get the same anomaly for every dat (after your changes)? Or only that one?
DS Status WORKED, showing both cancelled Alerts and Confirmed Alerts when double clicking in Alerts list (now broken, Screenshot #2))
When you say it's broken, clearly the status window is weird, but are you saying that you no longer get confirmed/cancelled alerts in the Clips pane?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
MattiasF

Re: DeepStack showing black image in BI Status

Post by MattiasF »

Ok good to know that the dat file may be ok. I'll try turning off the cut/combine in recording. I am recording Continuous+Alerts btw.

Yeah I have Test and Tune turned off, but I thought it was a good indicator that DS is working and it's BI not sending the right data to analysis.

Correct, confirmed/cancelled is not working any more, presumable since there is no person in the black square
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Just to confirm... the clips pane shows the clips, right? Or are you're saying that the confirmed or cancelled alerts don't show up in the Clips pane on the left - is the pane empty? What I'm getting at is this: the clips pane can be filtered to show confirmed or cancelled alerts - when you say it's not working, it is unclear what part is not working. It IS clear that there's an issue with object id, but it sounds like you're saying you're not able to see cancelled alerts - that's a way different problem than object ID not producing an alert.

If you review clips from previous days, does the DS tab of the Status window always shows that blacked out area with the green rectangle? For every clip?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
MattiasF

Post by MattiasF »

The clips pane shows the clips, yep.

Everything is working great except my alerts get cancelled by DS since there is no "person" present as requested. Running through the video clips from the times when the trigger happened, DOES produce DS object detection of "person" and other things.

The all black shows DS analyze when double clicking the Alert with a clear thumbnail of a the same timeframe.
The good screenshot below shows DS analyze on the clip when played back with Test & Tune enabled.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-08-31 14-35-16.jpg
Screenshot from 2021-08-31 14-35-16.jpg (240.27 KiB) Viewed 3818 times
Screenshot from 2021-08-31 14-34-01.jpg
Screenshot from 2021-08-31 14-34-01.jpg (231.1 KiB) Viewed 3818 times
shap

Post by shap »

Check that you have defined zones correctly (Zone A, B, etc). And make sure you indeed use these zone (IMHO this is your problem):
11.jpg
11.jpg (178.63 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Blue Iris 5.4.9.18 x64 (8/9/2021) on an i7-6700K, 16GB, DeepStack CPU version, Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED , Amcrest FCM-IP8M-T2499EW28MM, Amcrest AD110
MattiasF

Post by MattiasF »

I'm not using BI motion detection. I'm using ONVIF triggers.
MattiasF

Post by MattiasF »

Holy shit that was it!!!

Even though I'm not using BI motion detection, the motion zones must be checked in the AI dialog. That's a silly bug... Thanks man!!!
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

@ shap

You rock dude.
MattiasF

Post by MattiasF »

To recap in case someone else runs into this problem:

In the DeepStack AI dialog, at least one of the motion zone check boxes must be checked, or you will get a black screen as described in this post.

It doesn't matter if you use BI motion detection.
It doesn't matter if you have any of zones defined i.e. "painted" (I tried to see if it would do partial blackout, nope).
It doesn't matter if motion zones are checked anywhere else.

There might be a bug in BI where an if statement checks to see if any zones are checked and if not, just don't decode the frame at all?