Night AI Issue / Feature Request

General discussion about Blue Iris
doa

Night AI Issue / Feature Request

Post by doa »

Once it's dark, all a camera can see is car headlights. While BI will trigger and save the alert, it then gets cancelled once past on to the AI.

Initially I just disabled AI for the camera concerned, however I now get the tens/hundreds of tree shadow alerts during the day which AI was able to cancel.

I can't figure out a simple way to not do the AI check after dark from within BI. An AI-check enable/disable feature based on time would be great, although this then brings up the problem of the constant change of sunset time.

I'm going to create a windows task to stop/start the AI service, but even if it works I don't think that's an very elegant solution and will certainly need constant changing as the months advance...
TimG

Re: Night AI Issue / Feature Request

Post by TimG »

You should be able to do that with profiles and schedules. Sunset and sunrise can also be automated by BI5.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
doa

Post by doa »

I did read a similar forum post which suggested the same solution for a different problem.

The profiles/schedules usage doesn't seem intuitive, but if that is indeed the correct path I guess I won't be wasting my time trying to understand how it works this weekend.

Thanks.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The camera events schedule is pretty amazing given the available functions. Not having much interest in the whole AI thing hasn't given me any reason to look into how it may be helpful in this type of situation, though.

On the other hand, a clone of the camera being discussed may be an option that would suit the situation better anyway. Just split the day/night duty between the main and the clone. Configure / schedule them accordingly using a simple on/off toggle for each using Profile 0. This doesn't require setting up an additional profile and is butt simple to schedule.

I use this method for a driveway entrance alert setup apart from my main driveway camera which handles the recording functions. The main stays on 24/7 and the clone is scheduled.