Reduce of Alerts when having motion and CodeProject-AI

Saarlaender

Reduce of Alerts when having motion and CodeProject-AI

Post by Saarlaender »

Hello again :-)

i am pretty happy with AI-detection and alarms, but if a person is like in front of our door (like guests smoking outside), i get every bunch of seconds some alert (Push notification etc).

Is there a way of setting up notifications only when recording STARTS? I mean, if there is a person in front of camera, it is supposed to record all the time. I dont need alarm + notification every 2 seconds while it did not even pause the record. It should only notify if there is something new happening (like person left, record stops, person comes back, record starts again -> alarm + notification)

thanks
TimG

Re: Reduce of Alerts when having motion and CodeProject-AI

Post by TimG »

Maybe set up a profile for Party mode ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Todd

Post by Todd »

In the Alerts tab verify "When:" is set to "New triggers only". That way it should only trigger one time (and alert one time) during the recording. Ex. "End Trigger time" is set for 60 secs, you should get alerted maximum once every 60 secs. If the person is there 5mins, you should have 5 recordings(5 triggers) of 60 secs each and only 5 push notifications.

Another way: There is a newer feature at the bottom of the Alerts tab called "Minimum time since actions". If you set this to ex. 300 secs (and select "this camera only"), you would only get max one push notification every 5 mins (300 secs) from that camera.
Saarlaender

Post by Saarlaender »

Thanks, it was in Alerts Tab NOT set to New Triggers Only :-)

So i reduced the alerts and push notifications with that already.

I played with settings further and discovered that with some settings (not sure which one but i think it was related with that new setting you mentioned), i dont get alerts AND i dont get recordings if that setting is not properly set.

My goal would be to have only push (and alerts) if there is a new situation. If a person walks for 5 minutes in front of camera, it should push and alert then person enters area and AI recognize. Then it should indeed keep recording as long as the person is recognized ... but not trigger any new alert or push.
Any advise what else i should check and change regarding settings?