How to Cycle cameras on same ip address?

General discussion about Blue Iris
TPCDAZ

How to Cycle cameras on same ip address?

Post by TPCDAZ »

Hey! Wondered if you could help me out. If an ip address has multiple cameras attached how do I cycle through them?

For example sometimes when you refresh a camera a different camera will show on the network, id there a manual way to switch?

thanks.
TimG

Re: How to Cycle cameras on same ip address?

Post by TimG »

That is an odd question. Do you use BI5 ? If all cameras share one IP address, then I would expect only one of them to work at a time. Power one off and a different one appears. Not good for surveillance cameras.
All of my cameras have an individual static IP address so this can't happen here. Other people use address reservation in their router to do a similar thing, but each camera would have a different DHCP allocated IP address. Not the same IP address.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Unless it’s a cam with 2 internal cams then multiple cams sharing the same IP address is a no no. Probably means you’ve left them at their default setting so you need to power each cam in turn with all the others off, then logon and set it up which includes changing its IP address. Once you’ve changed it form default you can then leave it powered on and move on to the next.
TPCDAZ

Post by TPCDAZ »

I use a tenvis system. When I log into the system via my browser I can click on the different cameras to view them. But it gives you a single IP address to access them. When I add the camera to BlueIris voa the add camera function and use the http:// Find Import feature it only shows the main camera. There is nothing in the BlueIris system that lets me switch cameras that I can see. Thats what I mean.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Ah, you might be using a custom multicam system (likely analog cameras) and then trying to access a video stream from that system?

If your cameras are indeed digital then I would trash the old system and figure out how to reset the cameras to make them regular IP cameras.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

If the cameras being discussed are on a DVR or POE NVR they will all display the IP address of whatever such system they are connected to. Adding them to Blue Iris as individual cameras is done by using the camera channel number in the configuration and the MRLs (stream addresses). Very simple to do.

DVRs still have an important place in the scheme of things for many reasons and are actually superior solutions over IP setups in any number of cases..., especially the Pentabrid units that accommodate both analog and IP cameras simultaneously. I happen to have two along with a NVR all integrated with my Blue Iris network and would never trade them for IP only units.

Suggesting an 'old system' (minus any details at all) should simply be trashed isn't exactly useful (or responsible) advice and may want to be re-phrased for context and clarification?
Last edited by Pogo on Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Enter a DVR/NVR IP address and login credentials just like a camera. Then specify the individual camera number/channel for each camera as shown below. You will have independent control over the behavior of each camera in Blue Iris the same as an IP camera with the exception of not having web access and certain other IP functionality.
CamConfigf.jpg
CamConfigf.jpg (139.08 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

I think we are getting there. I'm afraid it wasn't clear from the early posts :mrgreen:

OP: So the answer now depends if your nvr/dvr can handle multiple outputs as described by Pogo.

FWIW I'm running analogue cameras directly with BI5 using a Pci card (Euresys Picolo Pro2), but it will be yanked out as soon as the last analogue camera has been replaced.
Forum Moderator.
TPCDAZ

Post by TPCDAZ »

It seems to add my ip address as a Foscam.

This is the view I get when I add my IP address to blue iris. Unfortunately, I don't see a part I can change the camera number as Pogo suggested which is a shame. I do have the Camera # box that says 1 but changing that still gives me the same main cam output. I don't really know too much about these as it was installed for me by a friend who unfortunately is no longer around for advice on this. So I do appreciate your patience with me.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-20 094514.png
Screenshot 2023-07-20 094514.png (45.42 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
TimG

Post by TimG »

Do you have the instructions for it ? Have a look to see if it can do this. Some NVR's may only be able to output one camera at a time, but even in that case I would expect you to be able to choose WHICH one.

Otherwise let us know the model number and we can have a look for the instructions.
Forum Moderator.