Cloing or Profiles

Homer81

Cloing or Profiles

Post by Homer81 »

I've got a couple of groups of camera's, indoor and outdoor.

I'd like to take a single configuration template and use it across all of the camera's in that group. Record time, etc. Is that the cloning process when adding a new camera?

I've tried to use the profiles to me able to have settings shared, but clearly that's not the purpose of it.

Lastly, I have some camer'as that although they are in the group 0 and group 1, will only show up when in group 2? It seems like a bug but i'm not sure where to find open bugs to confirm if it's existing or new.

Insights anyone?
TimG

Re: Cloing or Profiles

Post by TimG »

I'd like to take a single configuration template and use it across all of the camera's in that group. Record time, etc. Is that the cloning process when adding a new camera?
That should work if the cameras are the same type. Change the IP address to match the next camera.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I use camera clones when I want to do some thing slightly different with the same view from the cam. So for example I have clones of my driveway cams, the main cam alerts in person or car on my driveway, the other records in the slightest movement. So the 2 cams have different motion detection settings.

Profiles I use when I want something to happen time based, so for example on a Saturday and Sunday during certain hours the cams looking over the garden are set not to alert as the washing will be out but they still record.
Homer81

Post by Homer81 »

Thanks TimG and IAmATeaf.

So the clones work as expected.

For the profiles, they should be used primarily for time-based or situation-based (Alert, Trigger, etc)

Is there a reason or bug that when I put a camera as a member of group 1, that it should show up in group 2? It seems to be a bug
Homer81

Post by Homer81 »

A quick update. For the profile group membership, it seems that the buttons may be reversed. When the are pressed, it means they are not a member. If the show raised or lighter color, then they are a member.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I guess we could have figured it out faster with a screen grab :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.