remote access

doylejr

remote access

Post by doylejr »

I lost remote access (my Samsung galaxy) during an update about 9 months ago and CANNOT get it back
I do not want to go to different software, but have been unable to get any help from BI support, even though I am paying for support..
any help would really be appreciated
Doyle
wb7oxj@msn.com
YrbkMgr

Re: remote access

Post by YrbkMgr »

First thing is to prove that it's a problem only when accessing remotely. If everything is fine when you run the console, and you can log into UI3 on the LAN, then IP address you are using for remote access is incorrect, or incorrect permissions - first place to look anyway. Global settings -> Web server tab, then Users tab. If you need help, post a screen shot of those two dialogs and Status window -> Connections Tab.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I lost remote access (my Samsung galaxy) during an update about 9 months ago and CANNOT get it back
I think we need a bit more information to figure this one out:

1. Was it the Galaxy that was updated ? To what ? (My S10 and S7 are working fine with BI5). OS or BI5 app updated ?
2. If it wasn't the Galaxy, what was updated ?
3. Do you have another mobile phone/tablet ? Can that still remotely access BI5 ?
4. Does the Galaxy BI5 app work on the home wifi ? Any other devices OK too ?
5. Did you update your home modem/router at that time ?
6. Does UI3 work on the Galaxy while at home on wifi ?

What I can tell you is that it does work, so we need to figure out what is stopping it.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Support can't help with remote access. There are just too many people and too many unique circumstances with routers, ISPs etc.

They could employ 10 engineers and keep them all busy with remote access.

There are threads here for port forwarding and remote access that can help.

I myself typed more than one dissertations on it.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

I just want to confirm the objective. Essentially, you want to remotely access your BI server using a new droid phone. If that's correct, all you need to do is read Mobile Devices - Setup. That will explain everything you need to know. If you don't understand something or have a question, help is here. But the howto and wherefore's are all there.

If the objective is something else, it needs more clarity, in my view.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.