Failure Blue Iris Service Automatic restart

ryan99alero

Failure Blue Iris Service Automatic restart

Post by ryan99alero »

I used the BlueIris feature to rebuild / index. At some point the server stopped saving video to disc but the service was still running. I went to look for something that happened and noticed no video history.

Wanting to know if BlueIris has some kinda check process that can alert you if things aren't recording? Since there is an app maybe their is some kinda heartbeat feature.
YrbkMgr

Re: Failure Blue Iris Service Automatic restart

Post by YrbkMgr »

Run services.msc and see if the BI service is running when you boot. If not, you have to go into the console and enable admin in global settings startup tab.

I don't know of any hearbeat feature, and the problem you're having is not common - in fact, never heard of it before. It might be worthwhile to review Status log errors and specifically the information about the Database

Or write to support - after all, you're paying for it...
PSA:
When writing for support, you must include basic software and license details. For your convenience you will find an Email support button on this page. This button will copy important information to the Windows clipboard. In order to make use of this information, you must them open an email to send to support@blueirissoftware.com. Please make the subject descriptive in order to prevent our mail server from combing it with others of the same subject. In the BODY of the message (not the subject), use the Windows PASTE command (control-V) to insert your support information at the beginning of your message.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
YrbkMgr

Re: Failure Blue Iris Service Automatic restart

Post by YrbkMgr »

neelyang77 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:09 pm It might be worthwhile to review
<snip><--- Don't know what that's all about but I did not use this in my reply[/indent]
Thanks a lot!
[/quote]
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.