8 out of 13 cameras stopped recording. corrupt database. over allocated storage

General discussion about Blue Iris
Drewdoog

8 out of 13 cameras stopped recording. corrupt database. over allocated storage

Post by Drewdoog »

Since the server crash, BI has become worthless. It stopped recording..why are my recordings tied to the Blue Iris server?
TimG

Re: 8 out of 13 cameras stopped recording. corrupt database. over allocated storage

Post by TimG »

I think you need to list the issues so we can help you. I would start with delete/rebuild database, then checking Storage for errors.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
IAmATeaf

Re: 8 out of 13 cameras stopped recording. corrupt database. over allocated storage

Post by IAmATeaf »

If you have over allocation errors then it will stop recording as it doesn’t know what to delete and therefore can’t create any new files.

So you need to sort this first.

Screen shot are always good so that people here might be able to suggest/help.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Also include the version #, and as much info as you can...
- Version #
- Your system, cpu, gpu. memory...
- screen shots
- Are you running BI as a a service?
- Did you recycle BI? Reboot the server, Rebuild the DB?
Drewdoog

Post by Drewdoog »

None of the computer specs should matter. It was working, then the blue iris server crashed, and now it's not. I'm on the latest version. When is BI going to address the fact that our information is stored on their server? Why else would their crash affect so many users?
TimG

Post by TimG »

As far as I understand it, only the license server was affected that could prevent your local recordings. That is an acceptable link test for any purchased software.

Everybody here is trying to help you. It IS working for all of the people here, so the issue will be at your end.

Let us know if you want us to help you fix it. All of the computer specs matter.
Forum Moderator.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I thought the “server issue” put some users into eval mode, would that impact or stop recordings?

I wasn’t affected so can’t answer but I was under the impression that there would be a big watermark across the screen or does being in eval mode disable BVR recording format which might disable recordings if the cams were set to record in BVR format.

Sorry, am thinking aloud and asking loads of questions with no answers.
TimG

Post by TimG »

It does put a watermark on each camera, and I think it used to disable direct to disc recording. I fixed it so quickly that I didn't have time to look at the errors.

OP: You paid for the software. It should work. We can help if you want us to. This is a friendly peer to peer forum.
Forum Moderator.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I’m not too sure what the issue might be given that not all cams stopped recording and the OP also mentions over allocation?

As I pointed out, first thing to review would be the space allocation and fix if need be else nothing will record as BI will think there is no space.