Please help troubleshoot configuration

FullSwing

Please help troubleshoot configuration

Post by FullSwing »

Hi All!

I am having difficulty with my current setup. When I restart BI CPU usage is around 12%, after 2 or 3 days CPU usage maxes to 100% and the system bogs down badly. I have attached pictures of my current settings tabs, computer specs and cameras. I have tried reading, watching some videos and swapping things around but no luck. Your help is much appreciated!

Network Cameras (4 total):
DoorBird WiFi video doorbell D101S
Lorex 8MP 4K LNE8974BW
2 - Amcrest 8MP 4K IP8M-T2599EW

Computer:
Dell Flagship Optiplex 9020
processor - Intel Quad-Core i7-4770 up to 3.9GHz
Memory - 8GB RAM
Hard drives 128GB SSD + 3TB HDD
OS - Windows 10 Professional

BI Software Version 5.4.9.18

I tried to attach pictures but they exceeded the allowed maximum. Below is a OneDrive Link to view all of the current BI settings.

OneDrive Link to BI Current Settings Click Here

Cheers!
MikeLud

Re: Please help troubleshoot configuration

Post by MikeLud »

FullSwing,

The below link might be what is happening
https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/memory-leak- ... eleration/
Also make sure you setup sub-stream (see guide in the below link)
https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/sub-stream-guide/
Also try the setting shown in the below link
https://ipcamtalk.com/wiki/optimizing-b ... cpu-usage/
TimG

Post by TimG »

You don't have Acronis True Image installed do you ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
FullSwing

Post by FullSwing »

Thank you for the suggestions!

I tried them all. Some areas I was successful and some I hit a road block.

Memory Leak: I have a 4th gen GPU, when I went to install the driver for Braswell win_6415.40.42.5063.exe file I received flag * The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. I received an option to visit Intel support which prompted me to uninstall the driver and retry the .exe file, that is the point I stopped in fear of screwing something up to the point of no return lol. One thing I might add incase it helps is that before I was running the Intel hardware decode I was having the same issues. Should I uninstall the current driver and venture further down this rabbit hole?

Sub-stream setup: I went into camera setting and under video>configure>sub-stream I change the option to default and the box to the right remains blank. When the general tab is open there is still no sub stream apparent.

Optimization: Direct to disk recording already taking place. Hardware accelerated decoding already taking place. Camera frame rated changed from 33 max FPS to 15. Run as service already taking place. Live preview frame rate changed from 10 down to 5 FPS. video scaling, text and graphic overlays, encoder pre set, limit decoding unless required, windows power options, anti virus/ anti malware exception and disk defragmenter options were all untouched and remain at default settings.

I do not have Acronis True Image installed, should I?

My system takes a few days for the CPU to max out and crash, any change I make will take that amount of time before I will be able to realize if it made a difference or not. Hopefully one of the small changes I made this go around will work but I will not know for a few days. I again want to express my gratitude for the time and help the BI community has put forward into helping me resolve this issue. I will report back in a few days and update the progress.

Cheers!
FullSwing

Post by FullSwing »

CPU usage is maxed again :|
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Are you able to show us the Blue Iris Status > Cameras tab? You can get to it by clicking this button - then the 'Cameras' tab. This should yield a good summary of all of your configuration in terms of the load being applied.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (14.33 KiB) Viewed 188066 times
I'm not sure why it's starting low and acceptable and then in a few days it's maxed. Does is seem like a slow creep up or is it humming along and then magically a few days later it's 100% ?
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
FullSwing

Post by FullSwing »

Hi Matt's,

It seems like it creeps because as the days progress its higher than the previous day.
Attachments
20210928_073351.jpg
20210928_073351.jpg (176.92 KiB) Viewed 188060 times
FullSwing

Post by FullSwing »

These pics are horrible because of the upload limit. I can post a Google drive if needed
Attachments
20210928_074258.jpg
20210928_074258.jpg (134.21 KiB) Viewed 188060 times
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Its ok, they'll do.

Ultimately I think we really do need to get your Substreams working. I think the slow creep is basically your CPU holding it's own and slowly falling behind over time until its maxed out. Sometimes the BI 'Find/Inspect' will populate it, sometimes it won't. I can see on your stats that you're bringing in about 1941 kB/s over the network and the resulting processing your CPUs have to do is 255 MP/s. In comparison, my system is pulling in about 4000 kB/s but with substreams my CPU is only processing 29 MP/s (not a typo). Your main cameras are a higher resolution than mine and the lower, more reasonable, FPS will absolutely help, but allowing BI to just process the substream and record the main will make a huge difference on your CPU.

The trick to figuring out substreams is that the URL in the camera settings (Substream profile) has to be configured. If it's blank, it's blank. Sometimes BI can auto-populate it, sometimes it can't. Often times, the substream can be determined with a little guesswork based on what IS already configured for the main stream. While I do not have Lorex cameras, I can give you an example from my Amcrest models (which may or may not have similar configs to yours)......

Code: Select all

Main Stream: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Sub Stream: /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
The only difference between those is the "subtype=" being 0 or 1.

I have other cameras that are more simiply:

Main Stream: /stream0
Sub Stream: /stream1
and still others that are:

Main Stream: /livestream.cgi/stream=11?action=play&media=video_audio_data
Sub Stream: /livestream.cgi/stream=12?action=play&media=video_audio_data
It can take some guess and test, some googling, etc. If you give me the Main Stream config I can try to help with the substream guesses. Bottom line though.... you're not going to hurt anything by modifying the substream and guessing wrong. By checking those properties you will know immediately if you got it right or not.

Lastly, I shouldn't make the assumption but...... SOME camera manufacturers do allow you to adjust the substream settings on the camera itself, up-to and including disabling it. If the stream is disabled on the camera.... this isn't going to work anyway :D Verify it's enabled before pulling your hair out!

For reference:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (83.98 KiB) Viewed 188058 times
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
TimG

Post by TimG »

I do not have Acronis True Image installed, should I?
No, you don't need it. It's just that I had trouble with all of my pc's at the same time, and the biggest part of it was the Acronis anti-ransomware component bringing the pc's down. After stopping that part of the software, all has been well for a couple of years.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.