support..or more like any response

General discussion about Blue Iris
richcam

support..or more like any response

Post by richcam »

Hey all, I've sent multiple requests to support on why my key is not activating. My pc died so I put it on another pc and my activation code is not being accepted. I realize I am out of support but this is supposed to be a lifetime key. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
mcvoss

Re: support..or more like any response

Post by mcvoss »

I'm fairlily new to BI but a few questions. How long has your license been expired? Are you trying to install the latest version of BI, won't work if that's not what the key was for and it's expired. Did you try installing the orginal version that you used when you activated?

Michael
richcam

Post by richcam »

The license is supposed to be forever. Support lapsed some time ago but my license should still be valid for V4. I've email to support and have yet to get a response.
mcvoss

Post by mcvoss »

The license is forever, as you said, for the versions you iniatlly had. For example, you bought BI at version 3 and at the end of 12 mos the last version was 4.01. That is the last version your key is good for. The key for that version is good for a lifetime.

You don't buy it and get forever upgrades for free.

Michael
TimG

Post by TimG »

Did you get a Support response ? If not your options are indeed to get a version from within 12 months of your purchase, or to get a Support pack, which will give you 12 months of updates.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

You can go to that other site which I refuse to name and get installers for every date. Go find the installer for the date when your support expired and install that version.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

HeneryH wrote:You can go to that other site which I refuse to name and get installers for every date. Go find the installer for the date when your support expired and install that version.
I think you need to have a word with yourself Image

Blue iris license
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Wasn't any v4 license good for an initial free v5 upgrade? Or maybe it was a license key swap or something?
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Pogo wrote:Wasn't any v4 license good for an initial free v5 upgrade? Or maybe it was a license key swap or something?
Not too sure, I recall a period just before v5 came out where the website stated that if you purchased a new license now it would also allow you to update to v5 when it came out?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Pogo wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:13 am Wasn't any v4 license good for an initial free v5 upgrade? Or maybe it was a license key swap or something?
Maybe, and just here me out on this one.... if you are running off of a v4 license you can spring for a new one or at least support.

Pay the $35, get up do date, decide if you want to keep support ongoing when the time comes in 12 months.