System build for ~30 cameras

Clix

System build for ~30 cameras

Post by Clix »

Hi all, I have been trying to dig in and do some research on what system I would need to support a 30 camera feed. All cameras are running at 1920x1080 and I would like to stick at 30fps (I know it isn't needed, just more of a "want"). All recording would be done on motion detection. The network all cameras will reside on will be segregated from the rest of my network, so it shouldn't cause any issues in terms of internal capacity.

I was recently running 2x amcrest NVRs until a recent update started causing issues with a lot of the ONVIF cameras recording properly. I have decided to give BI a try before going for a pricey NVR.

Looking at the update helper statistics, it looks like the i7‐8700k performs pretty well. Does any have a similar system that they could share the specs? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
RACMSBC

Re: System build for ~30 cameras

Post by RACMSBC »

Hi Clix,

I have 30 cameras running BI and i am also trying out some Reolink solar wifi cameras due to the size of my property. I would explore the I9 10900k 10 core processor system with 64GB of ram. The storage need will depend on what you will have for settings and time to retain. You can get a very good deal from Dell using the outlet store. I got my I9 10900K Dell Precision workstation computer for $800 with 5 year warranty.