Configuration for BlueIris

DasMoritz

Configuration for BlueIris

Post by DasMoritz »

Hello together,

first of all: Sorry for my bad english, I am from germany so please, don't fry me ;)

I wan't to build a machine for the BlueIris software, built on a used computer.
The system should work with 10 - 12 5MP Reolink Ip-Cameras, based on motion-detection by BlueIris.

Actually I have the following idea:

Fujitsu Esprimp P956 Refurbished with:

- Intel i7-6700 (3,4Ghz, Quad Core, 8 Threads)
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB SSD for Windows 10
- 4 TB WD Purple or something else for Surveillance
- no extra VGA-Card

The only purpose of the system is to run BlueIris and save the recorded files.
The system will run only with a LAN an power connection and should be administrated via RDP or Intel Active Management Technology (iAMT) - if possible?

In the same LAN is a HP Microserver runnig (Xeon 1240, 16GB RAM and 6TB of Storage) based on XPenology / Synology DSM which should be used as a backup for the recorded files.

My questions:
Could I use the above called system or is there something else, that is higher recommended?

Thank you very much,
Moritz
DasMoritz

Re: Configuration for BlueIris

Post by DasMoritz »

Hm, no answers?

Is nobody able to help me?
Thank you very much.

Moritz
Matts1984

Re: Configuration for BlueIris

Post by Matts1984 »

I think your system as noted would be just fine with the only tweak/exception that you may want a bit more RAM. BI in my experience doesn't require very much but RAM is cheap and I wouldn't put anything into production without at least 12GB.... 16 if you can swing it. Anything beyond that is gravy but overkill. I was going to comment on the disk space but you already mentioned a NAS on another system so if you're archiving to that, you really should be fine. 4TB for 10-12 cameras wouldn't get you too much history, though how many days you want to archive is up to you. You can never have too little disk space though!
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras