8 1080p60 preview windows?

tennisvideo

8 1080p60 preview windows?

Post by tennisvideo »

Hi All,

I'm setting up 8 1080p60 IP security cameras on 8 indoor tennis courts at a tennis club I'm an owner of.

We want to provide two features to our members:
1) A set of 8 big TV's in the lobby, one for each of the courts, showing the action in smooth 1080p60.
2) The ability to record matches for later playback and sharing with coaches and family.

#2 is really easy - it's what Blue Iris and IP security cams were made for! It's #1 that's the open question: how big a configuration do I need to decode 8 streams of 1080p60 out to the TVs?

Most of the use cases I read about on this bulletin board involve previewing at low res and recording direct-to-disk for later high res review. I'm looking for a 1080p60 preview window that I can display on a TV, and also 1080p60 direct-to-disk for later review.

Thanks,
David
Matts1984

Re: 8 1080p60 preview windows?

Post by Matts1984 »

Without posting specifics (because I'm unsure off the top of my head), I think it would be ideal to use BI for recording the feeds but for direct HD 60fps playback you might be better off connecting to each of the camera streams separately (and not getting them through BI). I've never done this in commercial applications so I'm sure there is some dedicated fancy software (and hardware / MANY video cards) that can link all 8 TVs to one system and playback different feeds to each but it might be easiest to have a lower power dedicated system using something like VLC or some built in Windows utility to access the feeds to each TV. Then one beefy dedicated system that records running Blue Iris.

The more I type and think this out, I'm probably not the best to propose a solution in this scenario - but I didn't want to leave you completely hanging.
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras