BI 5 - How to trigger 2 cameras at the same time

jwgizmo

Re: BI 5 - How to trigger 2 cameras at the same time

Post by jwgizmo »

I just tried it and "nope" - I do remember it working when I tried it in the past. I'll do a bit of research and see.
AMD R5, 16 GB, Win10, BI, 10 cams 3 Amcrest Turret 4K, 2 Annke CZ500 25X 4MP, 1 Annke C800 4K, 2 Amcrest indoor PTZ 1080P, 1 Dahua PTZ 1080P, 1 Amcrest 1080P Doorbell. 2 -1TB M.2 SSD, 1- 2TB HD|< 25 % load |1 27" 1080P, 1 28" 4K | Daily PC
Wrathwielder

Re: BI 5 - How to trigger 2 cameras at the same time

Post by Wrathwielder »

Hey Rusty!

I know it’s been a couple years, but did you ever resolve the issue where you have 2 cams in a group set to trigger the group, and one gets triggered and the other doesn’t?

I have the same problem…
3 cameras in a group, cam 3 is far removed from 1 and 2, and 1 and 2 are viewing the front yard of our condo, one at each side.
1 will see motion and will trigger itself and cam 3 via group, but 2 remains un-triggered.

If I manually trigger cam 1 from the BI5 app, all 3 will trigger.
If I trigger cam 3, all 3 will trigger, etc.

The problem seems to be cam 1 sees motion and triggers itself and the group, but cam 2 ALSO sees the motion a couple seconds after cam 1 and this somehow messes up the group trigger as cam 2 must see it as a repeat trigger so it never activates.

If I was to step out of the condo right where cam 2 is, the same thing would happen…cam 2 sees motion, triggers itself and the group, cam 1 ignores the group trigger as it sees the motion a few seconds after 2 and must see it as a re-trigger, etc.

Sorry for the novel…I get carried away with details :)

-Greg