Independent Trigger Zone Settings Feature Request

General discussion about Blue Iris
TimG

Re: Independent Trigger Zone Settings Feature Request

Post by TimG »

It's been a good week for fixing things. Pity my lottery tickets didn't join in too :!:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

After pecking at the trigger/zone setting options for way too long searching for a simple solution to such a basic problem, I ended up just cloning the camera for now until having a better grasp on where to possibly find an actual setting that will accomplish this basic task without having to come in the back door and through the kitchen to get to the front porch. Sheesh.

Even after setting up the cloned camera from scratch (not copying the original), I'm still getting email alerts sent back to the account being used to send them -- when it should only be generating SMS notices from the provider's (Verizon) server..., at least as far as I understand how this is supposed to work. I do get the SMS alerts fairly quickly, but an email always follows. No forwarding that I'm aware of. No send copy to inbox. The only instance of the email address in the configuration is for the 'sending address'. I can find zero reason why this is happening and would welcome any suggestions to possibly help sort it out. I'm guessing it's a Gmail issue at the server level since my Thunderbird client has nothing to do with the alert configuration itself aside from having the same email account information.
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

Pogo wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:44 pm Found it. Not sure what that was all about. I discovered the same issue with another phpBB I frequent so I started looking at my Chrome extensions, etc. Toggled a couple things off and on and the option is back in both forums..., almost like I was on a Mac. LOL
Can you point to where the "new Topic" is? I don't see it either... might have something to do with my losing all previous activity when I had to re sign up (after the server loss I couldn't log in without making a new account... my previous login was gone). I can (obviously) reply, just don't see "new topic". Though I could be just missing it:)
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

It seems to exist only under these main forum topic areas.
Forums.jpg
Forums.jpg (99.8 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
rdxny

Post by rdxny »

Pogo wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:36 pm It seems to exist only under these main forum topic areas.
Forums.jpg
Ah, yes, I now can see... only in the "root" of one of the main topic areas. Makes sense I guess... thanks.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

rdxny wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:51 pm
Ah, yes, I now can see... only in the "root" of one of the main topic areas. Makes sense I guess... thanks.
Then there was this while searching around looking for it. Didn't initially realize it was a locked thread, but still a bit misleading..., especially considering my account got totally hosed with the server mess. Wasn't sure what to think under the circumstances. Also more familiar with the XenForo format and still finding my way around phpBB. Similar, but different.
Permissions.jpg
Permissions.jpg (116.74 KiB) Viewed 1276 times
Anyway, it's all good except my alerts. LOL