Computer for BI 5 with DS Integration

nohc

Computer for BI 5 with DS Integration

Post by nohc »

Hello, I have been running BI on a NUC with an i5 and offloading my deepstack to an nvidia jetson which works. I would like to just build it all on one box though. I am considering grabbing a used pc off the wiki suggestion list but not sure if there is some guidance on running Deepstack? I suppose I could just throw a GPU in the box (any suggestions?). When I tried the CPU version of DS on my NUC it pegged it out with one camera. I also would like to just throw some drives in the desktop and just have everything in one box for that function. I have some other uses for my NUC and jetson.

Thanks
MikeBwca

Re: Computer for BI 5 with DS Integration

Post by MikeBwca »

Price range? Upper limit?
nohc

Post by nohc »

I am flexible. I am thinking 200 on the used system with ram. I have drives, SSD and skinny. Then 100 or less on the graphics card or to go towards the system or whatever I need.

I will have 12 or so cameras at 1080p or better.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Yikes, $200 for the box and $100 for the gpu! Ummmmm. Not really sure you'll get a big enough box to run all that. I've seen posts here where they have said it's possible.
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

I'd just shop around on ebay for the best system you can get with no drives. They often try and do a markup for adding a DVD drive, monitors, or the OS... none of which you need, so it might be doable. I'd definitely look for the newest i7 you can for 12 cameras.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
nohc

Post by nohc »

Thanks, I probably overshot thinking 12 cameras. It may be more like 6-8. I got a 6th gen i5 from off the list over on on ipcams forum for BI (100 bucks, just baresystem) and a used card for 70. I will see what it can do and then invest where I need it.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I’ve got an i5-6500 HP 600 G2 and 8 cams, 2 4Mb and the rest 2Mb and that idles at around 25% according to the BI mobile app.

I do have substreams enabled on all cams and use IVS in the cams to trigger BI using ONVIF. I also have 3 of the cams cloned and these clones make use of simple BI motion detection.

Not had any real issues with this box, got it for I think £105 2 years ago, then spent money to increase the RAM to 16Gb, added an SSD which I already had, added another network card so that I can keep the cams on their own separate network and got a pair of hard disks for the recordings.