Wansview Q5 Cloud Camera

Arch

Wansview Q5 Cloud Camera

Post by Arch »

I bought two of these. I can't get them to be useful inside of Blue Iris (BI). Easy to set up for home use with the Wansview app, but they seem to want to sell me a cloud subscription with alert services. I was able to get the camera to return an error 403 on port 80 ("not allowed"). But no other progress. I pointed BI at it, but it didn't get any useful replies.

I wrote to Wansview support asking how to connect it to B.I., and they said:
Sorry that Q5 don't support to connect with blue iris.
Sincerely sorry for the inconvenience it might caused.

If you want to see the live feed on your PC, you can download Wansview cloud software for PC.
Anyone find out how to use these? The Q5 is a very inexpensive little camera, and the image quality seems pretty good. Though in initial testing with the app it seems to be pretty "laggy" both to PTZ commands and with its video. No Ethernet port; 2.4GHz WiFi only.

Or does anyone know how to replace the SW in it with some more regular network capable SW?

Thanks!
--
B.I. v5.2.5.3, x64. Upgrade from B.I. v3.6. Using Foscam 19821W, Foscam F18921P V3, Foscam F19021PW, Wansview W4/RTSP, Wansview NCM621W, Wansview W3 (X Series). Wansview NCB543W (retired)
Arch

Re: Wansview Q5 Cloud Camera

Post by Arch »

Today, Wansview support wrote me back and said that their Q3 model works with B.I. I think that's commonly know, and Q3 is listed in BI's list for Wansview. I've asked the same person if he can point me to an outdoor model that works with BI.

And I have to hand it to the support person. He really seems to care and offered to send me a Q3 for free to improve my customer satisfaction experience. OK by me, of course!
--
B.I. v5.2.5.3, x64. Upgrade from B.I. v3.6. Using Foscam 19821W, Foscam F18921P V3, Foscam F19021PW, Wansview W4/RTSP, Wansview NCM621W, Wansview W3 (X Series). Wansview NCB543W (retired)
Inferno

Re: Wansview Q5 Cloud Camera

Post by Inferno »

The most recent update of BI includes the Q5.
Painless setup for just video and audio but no luck so far with PTZ