NEST Camera Live Preview Latency with Blue Iris (Demo)

jimjankowski

NEST Camera Live Preview Latency with Blue Iris (Demo)

Post by jimjankowski »

Hi everyone!

I just purchased a few NEST indoor camera's for remote viewing of my model train set. I'm trying to avoid the Nest Aware costs for occasional on-demand recording so I'm taking a look at Blue Iris. I installed the BI demo and have everything working, however, there is about a 15-20 second delay on the live preview screen in BI as compared to the NEST smartphone app and NEST Home website. I tried all the recommended settings from the post below, but with no success...

30 second wait time and CPU lag - https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=355

My NEST camera's are running on my home 5.0GHZ Wifi network with motion detection disabled.

Any suggestions or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

JJ
TexARC

Re: NEST Camera Live Preview Latency with Blue Iris (Demo)

Post by TexARC »

Pardon me for jumping in, but I just bought BI a few days ago and have not been able to discover/add my nest outdoor cameras. Could you share your method for getting your nest cameras to function in BI? Very grateful!
HeneryH

Re: NEST Camera Live Preview Latency with Blue Iris (Demo)

Post by HeneryH »

I think the author of the software made one huge mistake when designing the "demo" version of the software by not making it fully functional but with a watermark. The problem with his approach is that he doesn't allow some very common performance settings which could be crucial to properly diagnosing the problem such as using Direct-to-DIsk. Now he has a prospective customer who might not buy because of the limitations in the demo. Terrible marketing in my opinion.

But... I can't offer many suggestions for the demo version.

You could PM me your URL and setting and I can check if I am seeing a delay. Just a thought.