EZVIZ NVR Setup with Blue Iris 5

knotpc

EZVIZ NVR Setup with Blue Iris 5

Post by knotpc » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I have an EZVIZ (HikVision) CS-X4-108P NVR with four POE cameras. The system is expandable to eight. I bought the system based on cost, not really researching it fully (my bad). The system forces you to use the EZVIZ cloud. EZVIZ tech support says the system will only work with their cloud and that it will not work with any third-party applications. Not wanting to throw away my investment I set out to figure out how to connect to the system, knowing it was based on Hikvision and had undocumented support for RTSP:554.

So after a day of trial and error, I was able to successfully connect to each camera through the NVR. Here are the setting you will need.

rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/101/ Camera One Stream One
rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/201/ Camera Two Stream One
rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/301/ Camera Three Stream One
rtsp://admin:QRCODEPASSWORD@nvrIP:554/Streaming/Channels/401/ Camera Four Stream One
etc....

The key here is getting the QRCODE password which is located on top of the NVR. You simply scan it and the code is revealed within the scan results. Below is a picture of my Blue Iris settings.
blueiris configuration.gif
blueiris configuration.gif (162.18 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
After I got this to work I used the EZVIZ APP to disconnect the NVR from the EZVIZ cloud app.

I also disable the UPNP for the application.

After completing those steps when you log in to the EZVIZ application locally (on your local network). You get this.

The cameras are live and working with Blue Iris software, even though the application says that the system is offline.

NOTE: You can still manage the system using the application locally, you simply cannot view the cameras.

I hope this helps anyone trying to connect an EZVIZ NVR to your Blue Iris software. NOTE: This also worked for Homeseer.
TimG

Re: EZVIZ NVR Setup with Blue Iris 5

Post by TimG » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Nice one knotpc.

What do you think of BI compared to the original nvr ?

I would be wary of ever upgrading the firmware on the cameras, just in case they remove the "undocumented support for RTSP:554" :!:
Blue Iris v5.3.1.5 | Win10 x64 version 2004 | Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | Intel i5-3330 CPU, 8GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD | TVMosaic.
tiszavolgyi

Post by tiszavolgyi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:50 am

Were you able to figure out how to talk through the cameras using BlueIris?

You can set up your router to forward a specific port to BI so you can have a look on the cameras through a web browser from anywhere. I suggest using SSL secured connection.
Nobber

Post by Nobber » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:41 am

Hello, is it possible to connect one of these without buying the NVR, thanks
kielforeman

Post by kielforeman » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:28 pm

EZViz CS-C3U-22ER Camera that comes with the CS-X4-108P NVR
is Hikvision DS-2CD2020-I and will flash to the non broken Hikvision firmware easily.
The NVR seems to be the same as the HiKVision DS-7608, although I can't get it to flash the firmware yet.