AI doesn't work after update(s)

notspecial

AI doesn't work after update(s)

Post by notspecial »

Running version 5.7.9.12 everything works great for me. I have 4 amcrest 4K AI cameras and 1 Hikvision 2MP camera.
I'm running motion sensing within BI for the Hikvision and it's AI works great, I'm running Tripwire/IVS on the Amcrest cameras and AI works great.
Running Code Project 2.6.2
Now If I upgrade past 5.7.9.12 to ANY version after that. My AI immediately stops working on everything but the Hikvision running Blue IRIS's built in motion. Basically no AI gets processed for ONVIF alerts. I've scoured release notes and options to see anything that may have changed.
Why am I running the detection on the Amcrest cameras with ONVIF alerts? Simple, I don't have the CPU capacity in this older system / VM to be able to do full motion processing. If I try I'll spike 100% quickly. But, running just recording and AI confirmation mainly for person detection runs me at about 12% CPU.

Anybody have an ideas? I'd like to update as there have been many versions but not if it stops alerting me to people. I've had issues with Push notifications before, but that's not the case here, looking at logs it doesn't even seem to be forwarding ONVIF events to CodeProject...
My system:
Win 10 VM running in ESXi on top of 2 older Xeon 4C/8T L5520's 8 cores allocated.
24G of RAM allocated.
2xNvidia Quadro K2200's for NVDEC and CodeProject CUDA
4 4K Amcrest cameras (2 different models)
1 Hikvision 2MP Camera
xxxNexusxxx

Re: AI doesn't work after update(s)

Post by xxxNexusxxx »

I have the same issue after BI-Update that my CodeProject is not started automatically (this happend only recently and I thought it was my setup)

After manual restart of AI (Settings->AI->"Start Now") everything works fine

Im runining BI (5.9.0.1) on a dedicated machine with CodeProject 2.6.2 (mesh setup)
notspecial

Post by notspecial »

xxxNexusxxx wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:20 am I have the same issue after BI-Update that my CodeProject is not started automatically (this happend only recently and I thought it was my setup)

After manual restart of AI (Settings->AI->"Start Now") everything works fine

Im runining BI (5.9.0.1) on a dedicated machine with CodeProject 2.6.2 (mesh setup)
Thanks for the Idea, I have codeproject set to run under system services and not controlled by BI, its up and running but still breaks if I go past 5.7.9.12 (only with those ONVIF alert cameras) but not with the BI motion one, in fact that one starts working better.
My system:
Win 10 VM running in ESXi on top of 2 older Xeon 4C/8T L5520's 8 cores allocated.
24G of RAM allocated.
1 Hikvision 2MP Camera
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Have you done a find/inspect after updating?

Are there any errors recorded in the BI logs?
notspecial

Post by notspecial »

IAmATeaf wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 am Have you done a find/inspect after updating?
I did not know this was necessary. I will do this and test again.

No errors at all.
My system:
24G of RAM allocated.
1 Hikvision 2MP Camera
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

notspecial wrote:
IAmATeaf wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:50 am Have you done a find/inspect after updating?
I did not know this was necessary. I will do this and test again.

No errors at all.
Depends what version you were on but quite a while ago there were threads about having to do a find/inspect and also in some cases having to disable a security setting for ONVIF in the cam itself.