Troubleshooting Foscam R4M Freezing Issue with CPAI Motion Detection

Sardon

Troubleshooting Foscam R4M Freezing Issue with CPAI Motion Detection

Post by Sardon »

Hello 👋

I'm dealing with an unusual issue with my Foscam R4M camera, and I'll do my best to explain it clearly. Lately (only noticed this last night), when the camera detects motion (though it doesn't always happen as it appears intermittent - it happened last night at 23:33 and this afternoon at 15:53 - also logs don't reveal anything unusual) using CPAI, the sub-stream which displays real-time footage on the Blue Iris main software interface's screen freezes. This freeze lasts for about one to two minutes before the playback starts again on its own.

So the problem is that this freeze occurs only after motion is detected and registered via CPAI it seems... again, only intermittently.

What's interesting is that when I review the recorded footage, if I scrub through it semi-fast it uses the sub stream which clearly isn't affected by this freeze glitch; I can go through the footage smoothly at speed and you can see there is no freeze.

However, when I try to view the HD footage (main stream) by double-clicking directly on the alert of the recent motion detection which was addressed by CPAI, it'll get to a point of that alert and freeze. Basically it appears that it'll playback the 5-second pre-trigger record buffer, extra few seconds on top reaches the glitchy freeze point, and then stops for a couple of minutes.

This sporadic freezing is a significant concern, especially because it affects my ability to export and playback footage (I've tested this and it's an issue). The exported footage stops at the freeze point, which is troubling because it might not work when I need it most, preventing me from providing necessary evidence if I ever need to!

To be completely transparent, I've made and exported a video to showcase exactly what's happening here.

Freeze 🥶 issue = https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tpnMi ... sp=sharing

What concerns me even more than exported footage is if I was to be alerted and saw something really concerning and it froze whilst I was away from home, viewing via mobile phone then that scenario would cause me to lose my mind and at this stage it's a major possibility that could actually happen with this freezing issue, so I was wondering if anyone can help shed some light as to what I can do to potentially resolve this rather worrying issue?

I have included the camera settings and stats below

Thanks
SN
Attachments
camera-stats-l.jpg
camera-stats-l.jpg (33.93 KiB) Viewed 143 times
camera-config-l.png
camera-config-l.png (85.04 KiB) Viewed 143 times
MikeBwca

Re: Troubleshooting Foscam R4M Freezing Issue with CPAI Motion Detection

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sardon

Post by Sardon »

The latest and greatest v5.8.8.8

Also noticed after I posted this yesterday that another camera in home is freezing seconds after detection ! That camera doesn't have a substream so it'll freeze on the interface and when it finally refreshes ( couple of mins ) the footage is there as opposed to the Foscam R4M where HD footage cannot be played back only sub-stream.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »