Is it possible to use demo version for setup

General discussion about Blue Iris
Mightydog365

Is it possible to use demo version for setup

Post by Mightydog365 »

Hi guys,
I've got my BI up and running on my server device, and is running with 26 cameras. Question i have is that once the powers saw it, they immediately want me to add 2 other DVR groups to the BI. I need somewhere to work while I get these other devices set up, and since my server is sitting in the powers office, I don't want to be sitting in they're office while setting them up. Originally, i had installed BI demo on my laptop to test the first set of cameras, and show the powers the capabilities of the software. Is it possible to get the Demo reactivated for me to set up the new equipment prior to deploying it to my server?
TimG

Re: Is it possible to use demo version for setup

Post by TimG »

I believe it is possible if you ask Support. It's not something we can do.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Doesn't demo mode just mean unlicensed, banner overlay and maybe some features disabled?

I would think you could set up the new machine (living with the banner and maybe feature disable) and then move the key from the old machine to the new machine.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

HeneryH wrote:Doesn't demo mode just mean unlicensed, banner overlay and maybe some features disabled?

I would think you could set up the new machine (living with the banner and maybe feature disable) and then move the key from the old machine to the new machine.
That’s not what he wants to do, I think he want to setup another demo system in the same laptop?

If that is the case, if you wipe all traces of BI from the system in terms of files and registry then that might allow you a new 15 day demo?
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

IAmATeaf wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:09 am That’s not what he wants to do, I think he want to setup another demo system in the same laptop?

If that is the case, if you wipe all traces of BI from the system in terms of files and registry then that might allow you a new 15 day demo?
Oh, interesting.