Longer motion detection analysis?

iku777

Longer motion detection analysis?

Post by iku777 »

Hi,

I have a camera that is set with a motion detection and Codeproject AI to detect cars coming into my driveway.
During the day it works fine but I have a problem at night.
At night incoming cars shine lights in the drive way which triggers the object detection. Looking at the canceled alert video feed, the camera is analyzed for 5 seconds and the AI doesnt find any object (which is accurate in this case).
But I would like the camera to keep analyzing longer (let's say for 10 seconds) so that the car has the time to get into the zone and be detected as a car.
I have tried various settings but not sure how to make the analyzing time longer.
Anyone could help with that?

Thanks
louyo

Re: Longer motion detection analysis?

Post by louyo »

I suggest using a night time schedule. Then at night time, you could increase the +real-time images (camera//trigger/nighttime/Artificial Intelligence setting) and maybe stretch them out some. You might also try experimenting with the "end trigger unless...." time.
iku777

Post by iku777 »

Thanks.
What is a reasonable amount of images to analyze.
I currently have 10 during the day.
Would increasing to 20 during the night be reasonable? (Thus doubling my analysis time coverage)
louyo

Post by louyo »

Not real sure, probably varies by surroundings and reflections. I do 4-5 examinations, 200 msec apart. I think this allows for a re-trigger. Fortunate enough to get frequent drive byes on 4 different cameras to experiment.