Update 5.8.4.1 Nerfed two of my cameras

mikepellegrini

Update 5.8.4.1 Nerfed two of my cameras

Post by mikepellegrini »

I started getting connection errors on two of my seven cameras after the last update. All hard hardwired Ethernet. On one, I started getting Error: 800002746 (Socket error 10054).

I was able to connect to both cameras using the IP address and the Chrome browser. Everything seemed normal. All my cameras run static IP's. Thinking there might be an IP conflicts, somehow, I changed the IP addresses but still kept getting connection errors.

I rebooted the cameras several times, to no avail. Short ping tests looked good (btw 1-4ms with no packet losses on both).

When connecting to the cameras using the browser, I never noticed any connection loss issues.

So I downgraded BI to version 5.8.2.5 and the problems went away. Everything's running just fine.

The cameras that were having problems were an Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi 2MP (1920TVL) and a newer Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) Outdoor Bullet Security IP POE Camera, (IP8M-2496EB-V2. I also have a couple Amcrest UltraHD 4K (8MP) IP PoE AI Camera, FOV 129°IP8M-2796EW-AI, and an Amcrest 4K POE Camera AI Human/Vehicle Detection, UltraHD 8MP Outdoor Security Turret POE IP Camera IP8M-T2669EW-AI as well as a couple older cameras that never gave me any problems.
BruceH

Re: Update 5.8.4.1 Nerfed two of my cameras

Post by BruceH »

So it appears that your problem is solved, you could send a support request to let them know, the developer seldom looks at this user forum from what I have read. Is there something else that you need help with?
mikepellegrini

Post by mikepellegrini »

Nope. Just wanted to document it. And post the solution in case others have the same problem.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

BruceH wrote:So it appears that your problem is solved, you could send a support request to let them know, the developer seldom looks at this user forum from what I have read. Is there something else that you need help with?
Having to downgrade to a previous release isn’t a problem solved to me?

Think the OP should raise a support ticket else the developer will never know and therefore never look at fixing it?
TimG

Post by TimG »

Well I'm running 5.8.4.2 so something got fixed :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
mikepellegrini

Post by mikepellegrini »

IAmATeaf wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:47 am
BruceH wrote:So it appears that your problem is solved, you could send a support request to let them know, the developer seldom looks at this user forum from what I have read. Is there something else that you need help with?
Having to downgrade to a previous release isn’t a problem solved to me?

Think the OP should raise a support ticket else the developer will never know and therefore never look at fixing it?
I did. I haven't gotten a response back yet.

Btw, I'm running Win 10 64, all updated and patched as of the update last week. The computer is an Asrock Z790-ITX wiFi, with a Core i5 13600K. 32 GB of DDR5, G.Skill RipJaws S5 Series.
lkevinl

Post by lkevinl »

Did you ever hear back? Two of my HikVision Cameras are down with this version. Stream shows fine in BlueIris UI and in camera config window, but say No video stream right next to the working stream. The camera status box highlights them in red. But the all camera view shows them and the look fine. The mobile app does not show them however.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

5.8.4.4 wierded out two of my older camera models.
Sent a msg to BI support, then sent the requested camera exports.
Ken had a fix 5.8.4.5 within a few hours.
Amazing!
ck42

Post by ck42 »

Just updated to 5.8.4.5.
Seeing one of my Dahua cams (2831) exhibiting what sounds like the same problem.

In BI UI, after I reset the cam, I see the video thumbnail for about 20secs or so...and then the image is lost. Camera Settings window shows "No video Stream" but just below that it does show an fps and KB/s count being updated...as if there really is a video stream occurring.
TimG

Post by TimG »

The update notes for recent changes includes things like this, so keep an eye on them:
5.8.4 - January 10, 2024
Improved watchdog effectiveness when a main stream or audio stream is lost. If the camera does not support audio, please disable it on the Audio tab to prevent watchdog resets.
Please let Support know again if it isn't that.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.