configuration please

bluecamz

configuration please

Post by bluecamz »

ebay camera ... new.. don't know make or model.. it works but only on generic setting.. and no PTZ functionality yet.. poor resolution so far.. need the right settings... paid for Blue Iris just updated yesterday to 4.8 version.. here is the ebay item # camera.. 352723846057
HeneryH

Re: configuration please

Post by HeneryH »

At that price point, I'd be surprised if it worked at all yet alone had good resolution.

In order to get PTZ to work you need to get the ONVIF user/pw that may or may not be the same as the user/pw you log into the camera with. I noticed this on one of my other cameras that they had a separate section in the camera web config pages that talked about ONVIF user accounts.
broachoski

Re: configuration please

Post by broachoski »

I assume you have tried the ONVIF (oxml) setting under the PTZ setup. I have only had good success with 1 cheap PTZ and that was an AMCREST ProHD IP2M-841B using default settings and the PTZ setting above.
I have a few Dahua (US and China) cams with zoom and frequently have to go through the list and try several options before finding one that works satisfactorily.
Good Luck!