Memory leak on version 5.8.0.5

EpicLPer

Re: Memory leak on version 5.8.0.5

Post by EpicLPer »

Can also confirm this. I've seen BI use up to 10GB of RAM before randomly restarting, noticed this cause I have a game server running on the same machine that also uses up 9GB or RAM at times and would just crash due to "Out of Memory".
compjunky

Post by compjunky »

Just got an email from support that they were able to identify the memory leak and would be looking to hopefully have that patched at some point today. So I'll probably give it until tomorrow and try out the update. Kudos to Ken at BlueIris Support for responding and taking the time to email me letting me know a fix was coming today.
infecticide

Post by infecticide »

Fantastic! I would be curious to know what the RCA is. I have another BI instance with 2 cameras running 5.8.0.5 and it's been fine.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

I’ve got an eval system with .0.4 and that’s has been fine but I don’t use AI or any real motion detection in BI, just let the cams trigger BI.
TheOgre

Post by TheOgre »

For anyone subscribed to this issue, or those that end up here from search, version 5.8.0.6 has been released. Just updated and will be testing, I would imagine the issue is fixed though.
infecticide

Post by infecticide »

This patch has not solved the issue for me.

BI Memory usage on 5.7.x.x settles around 3.3GB

BI memory usage on 5.8.0.6 starts out at 3.7GB and around about 2 mins grows to 4.5GB and a few mins later up to +5GB.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Installed. I'll check it tomorrow. The memory leak was slow here, but I had seen 8GB so I'm glad I have more RAM than that :mrgreen:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
TheOgre

Post by TheOgre »

Now more than 6 hours into the new update, RAM is running out again. 5.8.0.6 did not fix the issue for me and some others it seems. Whatever change was made from 0.1/2 forward caused the issue, unfortunately I don't have the executable saved for those. If it helps anyways, a pretty bad workaround, but a workaround nonetheless while waiting for an update (versus rolling back to 5.7) Create a task scheduler task to run every x hours (I did 6) and a batch file to stop, then start the BlueIris service. Is a pretty bad mitigation but it does work at least.
compjunky

Post by compjunky »

Yep, I too ended up with my memory being eaten up after the upgrade. BlueIris was using over 24GB of RAM before I went in to stop it. Downgrading again.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Isn’t it crazy how a rejig of the menus has now resulted in a memory leak?