DB Regen after water leak on my server

General discussion about Blue Iris
mchevrier

DB Regen after water leak on my server

Post by mchevrier »

Just had a water leak falling on my BI PC. The PC seems ok but one of the external drive is gone. The dead disk is an external 2TB disk. I have around 20TB on my whole system (5 different disks). In that case, will BI be able to rebuild his DB from the remaining disks (of course without the 2 TB data of the dead disk) or did I just lost 2 months of data? I have no backup of the DB.
Thanks,
IAmATeaf

Re: DB Regen after water leak on my server

Post by IAmATeaf »

If cams were writing to that disk then you’ll have to reconfigure them to write to a diff disk or replace the disk and give it the same drive letter and folder structure. A rebuild should then sort things out.
mchevrier

Post by mchevrier »

BI was on continous recording. I know that the gone disk was not the main disk, my 18TB was. I do not remember what was the gone disk function. From what you say I should just put things together,restart the server and let BI do the regen. Am I understanding right?
mchevrier

Post by mchevrier »

Just restarted the server. Started a DB Repair/Regenerate. It is now at 3%. Hopeful for the coming results
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Bake that drive at around 90F or set it in the sun for a few hours. It may surprise you unless power shorting damage is present.
mchevrier

Post by mchevrier »

The connectors seems to have been impacted by the water. I'll give it a try, but with very little hope. Thabks