Outdoor IP Camera with Audio for BI5

PerryG

Outdoor IP Camera with Audio for BI5

Post by PerryG » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:48 pm

I am looking for recommendations for an outdoor IP camera which includes one-way audio that is fully compatible with BI5. I currently have an Amcrest IP4M-1026E camera recording movement at a birdfeeder, and this has worked out very well but I would like to start recording audio as well. I'm looking for a camera where the audio is transmitted over the network cable and does not require a separate audio cable. I have looked at the Reolink RLC-410 and RLC-511, but I have read about audio quality issues on Amazon and also saw some issues with BI. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

millercw

Re: Outdoor IP Camera with Audio for BI5

Post by millercw » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:25 pm

I use the Reolink cameras. If you use the bullet RLC-410 or dome cameras, be sure you get the 5mp cameras. The sound quality is much better than with the 4mp. I changed my 4mp cameras for 5mp. Much happier with the sound.

I am happy with the 5mp cameras.

sabiraslam

Post by sabiraslam » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am

Home security is basic need for every home. Today many top ranking companies offers different security appliances for multiple functions. I use Ring outdoor IP security camera over 6 years at my home. I am satisfied with its working. It easy to use, install and access on your smartphone. It fills all of your security needs.

TimG

Post by TimG » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi sabiraslam,

That sounds like an advertisement.

This is a Blue Iris CCTV software user forum, and the members here like to know technical details. Tell us about your Ring cameras. Resolution ? Wired or wireless ? How long does it keep recordings for ? How much does it cost ? Without that information, Ring looks like a toy to me.
Blue Iris v5.0.4.8 | Dahua 5231, Foscam R2, Ertech 4MP, 2 analogue cameras on Euresys Picolo Pro 2 | FX-8350 AMD CPU, 32GB Ram, Multiple SSD and HD| Homeseer HS3 Pro | TVMosaic | Emby | DVBViewer |