how to set BI to trigger on camera AI events?

blueiris_rookie

how to set BI to trigger on camera AI events?

Post by blueiris_rookie »

I have purchased the Blue Iris software for use with several Reolink 822 and 820 cameras.
I have watched the majority of your webinars on youtube, and they have been really helpful in teaching me all about the features of Blue Iris and how to use the tool. I currently have deepstack integration working, and overall blue iris is really an amazing software system.

I'm stuck on one aspect...
my goal is to only trigger Blue Iris motion detection via ONVIF when camera AI itself detects a Person, and not have Blue Iris analyze all motion detected by camera.
how can I get the Reolink camera AI to pre-filter the motion triggers before it notifies the Blue Iris software for motion analysis?

right now, I have gone into the reolink camera settings and told the camera to only trigger on AI person detection. using the ONVIF device manager tool, I have confirmed that any motion events will trigger ONVIF events to blue iris, meaning that motion specific to person detection and general motion is triggered the same way in Events log... there is no difference I can tell in log file between general motion and person detected motion).
when I use the reolink client software during testing, it does correctly distinguish between general motion and AI person motion. so this means camera AI software is setup correctly.

so at first I couldn't understand how blue iris could differentiate between camera AI events and general camera motion events.
Case closed, as it seemed that reolink doesn't have a way to tell motion alerts apart... BUT....

I found this Home Assist thread that talks how reolink camera provides an API via CGI check to filter person and vehicle AI events... https://github.com/fwestenberg/reolink_dev/issues/86

the basic idea from that HA thread is that this HTTP command right after a general motion alert will tell the HA software if the motion alert was a Person or Vehicle.
I have tried this CGI command manually inside chrome browser (right after motion alert) and it seems to work very well... after any motion event triggered by camera, I can run the CGI command within a second or so, and it will tell me if the trigger was a Person motion event or not. it seems to reset itself very quickly.

is there a way to have blue iris software check this API/CGI status? this would allow reolink camera AI to be used as a pre-filter, greatly lowering CPU overhead of BI, less network traffic, etc.
YrbkMgr

Re: how to set BI to trigger on camera AI events?

Post by YrbkMgr »

Any chance this will help?
Configuring ONVIF Trigger from Reolink
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
blueiris_rookie

Post by blueiris_rookie »

hi, thank you for response, I think I have narrowed down the issue to reolink basically not differentiating AI motion detection vs just regular motion detection, since all the ONVIF traffic looks identical. 
I will email reolink support to get confirmation of this.
if I can figure out a solution I will update the forum.
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

Is there a reason you are not using BI motion sensor?
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.