4 x Wansview W4 cameras all refusing RTSP after software update.

CavemanUK

4 x Wansview W4 cameras all refusing RTSP after software update.

Post by CavemanUK »

Hey guys,

I’ve been using these cameras for about 2 years. Not too many issues. Over the last month though I had issues with rtsp and blueiris where frame rate would drop over time. It’s intermittent and doesn’t happen at same time on each camera. Anyway. Today a firmware update appeared in the Wansview App (07.26100.07.10) and I let all 4 cameras update themselves. The cameras are working fine through the Wansview app and all the settings for rtsp are correct but I can’t connect to the cameras at all using RTSP. I’ve tried multiple computers with BI and VLC. I can ping the cameras fine.

I factory reset one of the cameras and reconfigured it but still not working.

I suspect Wansview has broken RTSP and have emailed support but since they’re over a year old i doubt they’ll help.

Anyone else had issues or got suggestions?

Thanks.

Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimG

Re: 4 x Wansview W4 cameras all refusing RTSP after software update.

Post by TimG »

Hopefully something simple like they changed port numbers or the IP addresses, in which case you will find them with third party tools. See Sam's help sections in the main forum. viewtopic.php?f=14&p=11062#p11062
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
CavemanUK

Post by CavemanUK »

Hi Tim

I wish it was that simple. The IP and Port are all configurable and I’ve completely factory reset one camera and reconfigured it. I’ve also scanned it with onvif manager and found the exact address/port/user/pass but still shows no signal directly in the tool. For the main and sub stream. It very much seems like the RTSP servers in the cameras are currently broken but everything else is functioning correctly . I’ll check out the link you supplied though in the hope of some suggestions.

CavemanUK

Post by CavemanUK »

Ok here’s an update to this issue.

I emailed Wansview for help and didn’t hear anything for days. In the meantime I replaced 3 of the 4 cameras with reolinks and they’re working great. I left one Wansview running. This morning I receive an email from them saying their engineers were pushing out an update with a fix so it seems they did in fact kill RTSP with the last update.

They also asked me to plug the other cameras back in and they would fix those too. So I drove to the property, disconnected the reolinks (as they were using same power) and connected the cameras up.

Then Wansview went silent. I’ve been waiting all day at this point with nothing from Wansview at all. Multiple emails to them and no reply. Seriously annoyed with Wansview for borking all my cameras then going silent after asking me to go and plug them in. Will never buy Wansview again and recommend others don’t buy them either.